Used 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Nice Vehicle
By Ron

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck overall. Great comfort on long drives. Highway best gas mileage 21mpg. Fuel economy bad overall. Average 14 mpg. Shifter problems normal on recall with Ford. Had rear end go out at 18000 mi. Fixed on warranty after week wait for part.

Interior and comfort.

Ford to make a fuel efficient engine for a change. Maybe buy rights to Chevy 6 cylinder engine.

Love my Sport Trac
By Travis

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck. I tow a 4500 pound travel trailer and I have no complaints with performance.I would not think twice about towing a heavier trailer. The Sport Trac is very comfortable and fun to drive.

Love the power of the V8. I think the gas mileage is good if you drive it right.

The compartment at the front of the box is hard to reach but other than that no improvments needed

Excellent Overall
By alexv

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use mine daily in the constuction industry. I travel a lot and commute daily around the Dallas area for projects. Overall, the truck is great. Excellent acceleration, interior room, decent trunk space & adequate towing. It is highly functional for the American family. Plenty of room for the kids in the cab & space in the trunk to bring stuff home from Home Depot. Lumbar support is nonexistant, as long trips can be brutal on the lower back.

PosiTrac for rear wheels. Exterior looks rugged and contemporary.

Lumbar support.

Versatility is top-notch, as is quality!
By JR Comet

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Sport Trac a month ago and I've been nothing but impressed with the truck. The bed is awesome, I can put groceries in it and use it as a trunk or load items in it like a bed, as I have done both. The ride is very quite and smooth, you have to get the V8, which is powerful and quiet. The gas mileage, so far, is about what I expected and I anticipate about 13- 15 mpg in town and 18-20 on the hwy. These trucks can be a car, truck and SUV, all in one. Best vehicle purchase I've ever made and I've had Toyota, Nissan, Ford and others.

Versatility, great engine, quiet ride, good-handling, great stereo, good lucks and the bed/top is awesome.

2007 doesn't have an aux. for an ipod, which was fixed for later models. MPG could be better but expected.

Great Truck
By FordFan76

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

My wife has a 2002 Explorer which we love. The newly redesigned Explorer and Sport Trac are even better. My truck is quieter, safer, and slightly better on gas. It is also a great compromise for people who don't want a full size truck but still want the capabilities of one. The only problem I have experienced so far was a jerky transmission, which was fixed under warranty by adjusting the computer settings. Some improvements: needs more cushioning in the steering wheel. I drive two hours to work and I find my hands getting sore frequently. Put the shifter back on the column. It isn't as "cool" but you have a lot more space on the center console.

Great Looks, esp with the limited chrome package. Auxillary jack for Ipod, in bed storage, payload capacity, many tie downs in bed, power rear window. Improved interior door handles in this model are nice and they should add them to the rear doors. Improved warranty for drivetrain.

The storage compartments in the bed are great unless you haul a yard of mulch. The gaps are too big and the mulch gets clogged. Gas mileage still needs improvement but it's not too bad for an almost 300hp V-8. Six speed tranny needs some fine tuning in my opinion. More comfortable steering wheel.