Used 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

My 2nd Sport Trac
By Sandra

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Adrenalin Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my first Sport Trac in 2001, and loved it. Sadly a drunk driver totaled her and I had to buy a new car. So naturally I bought another Sport Trac. This time I got the 2005 Sport Trac Adrenaline. It's great. Looks sharp, plenty of get up and go, and lots of room. I really like the automatic window in the back. And this time got the hard cover for the bed, as well as the "bush guard bars" for the front. My first Sport Trac was silver ... this one is black. I think that she would approve.

Automatic window in the back. Flip out cage for more cargo space in the bed of the truck. The bed liner, and all the places to tie or hook things down. Fog lights. Full center console. Rear air conditioner and controls. Rear split seats. Storage behind rear seats. 2 power outlets.

It would be nice if the automatic rear window was not preset to stop on only 2 choices. If they rolled up/down to driver's choice of positions it would be appreciated.

SUV/TRUCK - All in one tight package
By 914signs.com

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Ford Explorer SPORT TRAC is a great all around vehicle for the person that needs a pickup truck and a SUV. Versatilely is what you are going to get when you purchase this vehicle. Yes I know that there is a short bed that doesn't allow you to put a full 4" x 8' sheet of material in the bed. But there are ways to overcome such shortsightedness. Did you ever think of getting a small trailer to hook up to this baby? You'll be able to carry what ever a full size pickup carries without having to drive a full size pickup bed around town when it's not needed. Can you use that full size pickup for work, play and as a family vehicle? I doubt it. The Sport Trac can be used for all the above

Two of the most favorite features are the price and the roll down rear window. Open the side windows and the rear window and even on the hottest days of summer you can leave the air-conditioner off. Another feature is that the SPORT TRAC runs on REGULAR gas only. It's very peppy and fun to drive.

No improvements needed. A great vehicle!

Reliable and Utilitarian
By Rick Smith

This is the second Sport Trac I have owned. The first proved to be so very useful that my wife and I had to buy another. I like all of the features and it rides very nicely. I don't need a "real truck" and we need a vehicle with a back seat.

The flexibility of being able haul both a couple of passengers and some freight without giving up comfort.

The vehicle could corner better.

love my Sport Trac
By cj

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLS 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After doing intake and exhaust plus programmer I am getting 28 mpg and power is incredible. I have a 4 inch lift and 33s on 20s and still have a incredible ride. I have a modified Excursion and Ranger and this has done better on results after modifying it.

Love the back window feature and room in back. Have lots of room for kids.

Must do intake and exhaust with programmer! The performance and gas mileage doubles. Plus back cover helped on wind drag.

A Girl's Truck
By teresa

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is great for anything a woman may need a truck for. And still have room for kids, dogs and other things we might need to haul around on a day to day basis.

The back seat compartments.

A little more style to the dash boards.