Used 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Awesome car!
By cmcquade1974

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Living in Texas you need a truck, however living in the city you need a car. This truck is it! Best of both worlds!

Extendable bed, and REAL ROOM FOR PEOPLE in the back other then little people or kids.

I would like to see more gizmos and buttons.

GREAT FOR A WOMAN THAT WANTS A TRUCK
By TERESA

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am woman with children and hauls a lot of kids around. It is great for hauling flowers and taking kids to the football game all at the same time.

How reliable it is. Never scared that I will drive it off and it will break down on me. I love Fords for that.

A little more style on the dash.

Much room for improvement
By William

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the truck a lot. Nice styling, good features like the bed extender and bed cover. Lot of room in the back seat. Good off road capabilities, both in 4H and 4L. Only problem are the side steps which are quite low and tend to touch the ground off road. My biggest problem is my dealership; the after sales service is as bad as can be. Build quality is fair and reliability not as good as a Japanese make.

Bed extender, bed cover.

Better fuel economy through bigger or more powerful engine. Better build quality.

'03 Sport Trac
By Jonathan

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only flaw I have found is the rigid and light rear end causes some stability issues. Often at normal road speeds, hitting bumps when going any direction but straight can cause the rear to skip a little, not a fun feeling. I would pass on the power seats if you want to be able to store anything under them, and the rear seats don't fold down flat if you store anything of size under them. Other than that, a wonderful truck.

Styling of the truck and the interior capacity. It was the only mid-sized truck that I found I could sit 4 adults comfortably in 2004. The power rear window is cool. The bed does well for it's size.

Biggest one - Rear suspension, weight dist to increase stability. Interior storage areas. Rear seat folding design.

My second Vegas trip
By Tim Monaghan

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just completed our second Las Vegas trip in our Sport Trac from Victoria Canada. Great room, great comfort, even at Laughlin's 120 degrees! We have towed a smaller 16-foot travel trailer throughout the western U.S. and Canada over 14,000 foot mountain passes without a hiccup. We love it.

Get the leather seats and the factory tonneau cover.

Lower the sides on the bed so it's easier to reach over.