Used 2016 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Fords Family
By E. M.

2016 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great vehicle, lots of power, good mileage, very comfortable and easy to drive. Always prefer RWD vehicles

How did Ford do it?
By Joe McWilliams

2016 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Ok, bought the car to two a 7,000 pound travel trailer, compared to a Yukon/Tahoe and selected the Ford since it was 10 grand less expensive and towed more on paper...in practice the twin turbo engine didn't hiccup at all towing the trailer about 3,000 miles from sea level to 7,000 feet. Gas mileage without trailer at 80 is about 22 on the highway, with the trailer at 65, drops to 15. Other than that, which I suppose is to be expected when towing a big box that weighs more than the truck, the truck is a hoot. Great features, options, stupid quick when not towing a trailer. First Ford I bought since 1978. If something happened to it I would trot down and buy another one.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Dennis B.

2016 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My family and I traded in a 2003 Eddie Bauer with a 5.4L V8 and we were a little hesitant (because we loved our 03 that we had for 14 years (w/ 218,000 miles). That being said, we couldn't be happier with our decision. This SUV is fansastic. The speed, ride, handling, confort, steering, overall quality, etc is all 5 star. My only gripe is the plastic air vents that could have been made better. In the end, Ford hit it out of the park with this vehicle. If you're on the fence, don't give it a second thought. I drive a Chevy Tahoe full time at work and the quality of the Ford far surpasses that of the Chevy. You will not be disappointed with the Expedition.

Mislead!
By jimmy lockwood

2016 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Test drove my 2016 Expedition XLT, loved it! Bought it! I traded in my 2013 FX F150 badass truck. (Sorely Missing NOW)! My wife and I took a rode trip in the Expedition from southern Illinois to Myrtle Beach. the expedition was wonderful, power - comfort - drivability. The problem started when we returned home. Spending the following Sunday cleaning the expedition. I notice white tape on all of the inside doors. My thought was from shipping. So I pulled all the tape from each door, some tape was multi layered. So Monday comes and its back to work. Drive about 5 miles on highway and another 15 on interstate. Once on the highway speed of about 40 mph I thought one of the doors wasn't shut all the way but I didn't have "door ajar" warning. Pulled over to check, all were closed and the door ajar did come on has I opened each door. Back on the highway, noise gets louder has speed is faster. Now on the interstate and driving 70 mph. CAN'T hear myself think!! The wind noise from between driver side front and driver side back doors (Head & Ear level). That night my wife drove has I checked the passenger side, again the wind noise on this side is very bad. Got in the back seat and the wind noise was just as bad. Back in the third row was great, No Wind Noise. Bottom line is: I would NOT have purchased this $50+ Expedition if I would have notice the "WHITE TAPE" on the WHITE EXPEDITION! Sad to say my 2001 Expedition "Eddie Bauer" has less wind noise then the 2016. My 2012 GT Mustang has less wind noise at 145 mph then my 2016 expedition. What to do? Can't sell it with all the annoying wind noise, can't trade inn because all dealerships are aware of the problem. Dealership where I bought it said they will try and get answers from FORD which has never answered me back. Hey "FORD MOTOR COMPANY" please send me a roll of your white "Duck Tape" so I can enjoy my $50+ rip off your built. Guess it's time to look at Chevrolet!

Upgraded to 2016 from 2003 - great choice!
By Robert Plamondon

2016 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We had a 2003 Eddie Bauer and were hesitant to get rid of it. It did have the smaller 4.6 engine and didn't tow our travel trailer very well. We had heard many good things about the 3.5 Ecoboost with plenty of torque, so we thought this would work. The 2016 Version has so much more power and 50% better fuel mileage, and yes, pulls the trailer with ease. Many improvements in 13 years including built in brake controller, sync 3, and much quieter ride. The dash is laid out better and easier to see the readings. Still a bit difficult to get into the 3rd-row seat, but ample room once you get in. The extra few inches gained from the EL version was well worth it.