Used 2008 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Just got my 2008 Expedition XLT
By Rags

2008 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was looking at getting an SUV. I went and test drove a new 2008 Expedition XLT model and fell in love with it. It rides great and handles like a car. I bought it the same day. I have been getting 12 MPG around town and 22+ when I drive only freeway miles It comes with many great standard features for a base model and has the same engine and transmission as the Eddie Bauer or Limited versions. I also like the looks of this vehicle a lot.

The ride! The way it handles is just awesome. Plenty of power when you need it. Standard features are great. I upgraded with a 6 cd changer and that's it.

Of course I would love better in town MPG but I knew what to expect when I bought it and the highway MPG is better than I expected.

Great Ride
By STEVE

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We just puchased used 08 Expedtion limited 4x4. We love this thing. Drove it 600 miles at 78 mph and got 18.3 mpg. Ride is great, for a 6'6" person and the room inside is perfect. We had reservations about buying one but not now.

Styling in and out are great. MPG very pleased. Navigation easy to use. Sound system great

None

How Long Will the Japanese Myth Last?
By Steve

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

10 months and 2700 miles later I'm impressed with the rock solid, quiet interior, great road manners, surprisingly stable, short braking, and 14/20 MPG. I've owned 3 different Japanese vehicles in the past, but given this massive Ford's decent-for- class mileage and quality, I sure am glad I resisted the inclination to get a Sequoia and pocketed the extra $9,000. This SUV is the hidden gem in the field. Just compare its third row to the equivalent regular wheelbase GM, Rover, Infiniti, and Toyota, and you'll know that Ford's engineers have slaved as hard as their accountants to produce untouchable SUV value. Finally, I find it exudes a strikingly handsome blend of toughness and aristocracy.

Vault solid, slightly arrogant looks, and handling.

Even with power pedals pushed all the way back the driver's seat/steering wheel/pedal geometry is a bit cramped for 6-foot and taller or long-legged people. Just add a telescoping steering column to allow legs to stretch out, not arms, which should have a comfortable bend, not a "reaching" posture.

Love this truck
By R.Hopkins

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy everything about this car. It has so many great features. My kids enjoy the capain chairs and watching DVD's. We recently had a power outage and we all watched a movie in the car. I have had cars with heated seats but this is my first with cooled seats. I feel very safe in this car. I looked a long time to find a car with all the features I wanted and I found it.

Everything. The power liftgate. The keyless entery so I don't have to carry my keys.

The only thing I wold like is to have the back up camera display on the navagation screen.

It's more than big!
By Chris

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Expedition and I still love the vehicle. Every time we compare to other SUV's and minivans. For the price and size, you can't beat it. Our last was the 4.6L 2002 model so this was a change for us. While I miss the better gas mileage, we are still getting 17 mpg. With kids, we pack heavy. There's always plenty of room. The new design is boxier than the older style. I liked the older style's exterior better. However, the new interior is much better. The stow-away 3rd seat, and the middle bench that folds in three places is a big improvement. And as much as I miss that better MPG of the 4.6L, I love the power when I hit the gas now. Third Expedition, no complaints!

Third row stow-away seats, rear veiw camera, Sirrius, powerful engine, reliabile

Bring back the smaller engine and the curves on the older style.