Used 2008 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Love my expedition
By arlingtonbadger

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my firt ever domestic vehicle and I liked it so much, I bought another blue oval baby expedition to match. Having had German and Japanese vehicles, my standards were set pretty high. I was pleasantly surprised with overall fit and fish, comfort and technology available. We've had a few minor issues - TPMS keeps going off and stuck bushing in the shifter, but overall it's the best road trip vehicle and it swallows lots of cargo. Fuel- wise, it's what I expect but the 2009+ have cylinder deactivation.

Ride, amenities, utility

I'm picky here - Interior design. Fuel economy could be a little better but hey it can tow house!

Good buy
By Donelle

2008 Ford Expedition SUV King Ranch 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted a large SUV. It was a choice between the GMC Yukon Denali or the Ford Expedition Limited. After doing price comparisons, and vehicle qualities, I went with Ford. What really sold me was the flat folding rear seats, the amount of room in the rear seats for adults, heated and cooled front seats, along with the wood trim, plus the unimaginable smooth ride, for a large SUV. Having a backup camera with back up sensors is a big sell also. I got lucky and found a King Ranch model in my area. Everyone who has seen my SUV, loves it and wants one of their own. Don't have a problem with its size, as I drove buses and motorcoaches. I love my little luxury coach.....

Chaparral leather, heated and cooled front seats, power fold flat rear seats, back up camera with back up sensors, and the price for all the luxury items. You can't beat Ford's pricing......

Better fuel economy, and a stronger more powerful engine. Engine is hesitant at times, to give the power you request when you need that power. Also, second row Captains chairs should standard on Limited and King Ranch models, with bench seats as optional.......

Best SUV for the money
By ATL FamilyMan

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2008 Ford Expedition Limited for just about a year now and have 8k miles on it. For a fully loaded truck with all the toys got a great deal that was significantly cheaper than most competing models. Fuel-economy could be slightly better, but for a large SUV it's sufficient. Don't drive it daily, it's just the family shuttle bus. Extremely comfortable and handles well on highway. 6-speed transmission runs smooth, but takes a second to kick in when you really need to accelerate to pass other vehicles. Needs a little more instant HP "KICK". Cabin reasonably quiet. Kids love wireless headsets. Why pay $10-15K more for the same basic features in GM, Toyota, or Nissan models?

Power fold down 3rd seat great for wife loading groceries, or kids' football/baseball practice. Heated/cooled seats great. Adjustable pedals perfect for a 6'2" husband and 5'4" wife. GPS Navigation and DVD is great. I have the 2-tone black/brown leather seats which add a nice touch. Beautiful.

Plastic wheel covers? Seriously Ford? Really? For the price tag on a Limited fully-loaded Expedition you put "chrome-looking" plastic wheel covers on such a nice truck? For Pete's sake put some nice REAL wheels on it! Yes they look nice, but still I think REAL chrome would be nicer.

Love my 08 Eddie
By Mary

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 Eddie Bauer after my 02 Explorer bit the dust. Initially, I wanted the Limited, but chose the Eddie because it had the chrome grille and the Limited did not. I LOVE my new truck! Every time I get into it I remark about the comfort. My husband loves it also. The third row folding seats are a godsend. I will continually buy a Ford. I love this truck. I hope they never stop making it.

The comfortable seats, running boards, features, navigation system.

Power mirrors should come standard.

Great SUV
By Don Queen

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After reading reviews here I decided to purchase a 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I consider other SUVs including Toyota Sequoia and Chevy Tahoe but now I glad I selected the Ford.

3rd row power folding seats,this was the deciding factor over the Chevy Tahoe. Rear DVD entertainment system is great, with headphones my kids can enjoy their movies and I can enjoy my music.

Power folding mirrors should be standard on Eddie Bauer.