Used 2008 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Very Good... Just Not Great
By rgkroeber

2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, I'm satisfied with my 2008 EB Expedition EL. Nice ride, good mileage for a big SUV, no major mechanical problems the past 3 years. Interior comfort is just O.K., the seats were a bit firm at first and took a while to break in (not like the "lazyboys" that go into Suburbans and Yukons). The one niggling complaint I've had with this vehicle is the power windows. All the window motors turned anemic just months after my purchase. No amount of shop adjustments/solutions ever helped this condition. Hit the window buttons and take a nap until they fully open/close. They also are prone to sticking in cold weather.

Steering continues to stay tight, even after 3 years; nice highway ride. I like having the shifter on the console. The 3rd row power fold-down is clever, although it takes away some "headroom" inches for stowage back there.

My Expedition gets worked hard every day; Ford needs to beef it up (or add packages) to take more of a pounding - not everyone who buys this vehicle is a soccer mom driving 50 lb. urchans around town. More attention to driver controls (single touch for intermittent wipers, folding mirrors)?

Follow up on Exped vs. Lambda Platform
By mk10108

2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

500 mile trips. Hauling kayaks, bikes, and stuff for the twins, the Eddie gets better with age. Pile on the payload and it still rides level. Being 6'6" it's the only vehicle I can move the seats up & still fit. Mileage is amazing - getting 20 mpg (3.31 rear end)highway doing the speed limit. Overall Average 16-18 mpg. DVD keeps the twins entertained, while the NAV gets us where we go. No complaints, no regrets. Looking to purchase a travel trailer and the 9K pound capability expands our choices. If you're thinking cross over platform the Expedition is a better choice.

Really Great Truck
By Kevin

2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased the fully loaded Limited in Jan 2008. We have almost 50k on the truck now and I have to say it's one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. For the most part there have been no problems until recently. If you know Ford - you know they have electrical issues. My GPS system broke, but I had the extended warranty so it cost me $100 deductible. Also had problems with the gears on the windows (they would move up/down really slow or not at all in extreme heat/cold. Overall though it's been an amazing truck and when compared to the Tahoe it was an easy decision. Especially with the auto fold flat seats in the 3rd row. I would highly recommend this truck.

GPS, Rear DVD. Auto running boards are nice, but gotta warn people who aren't aware they're coming. Incredibly comfortable seats. Went with the captains chairs in the back to allow for a bit more room for road trips, if you travel a lot it's much easier to put items in between the captains seats

Ford needs to fix their electrical issues. This has been going on for 20 years. Less plastic - real wood trim would be nice. Adjustable cup holders. Overall an amazing truck! Great job Ford!

Stear clear from ford my friends
By leisa

2008 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first new Ford, I have always been a Chevrolet girl. I have to go to the dealer ship every 6 months to have the computer chip reset so my truck will continue to drive properly, Ford motors says there is no solution for my problem. I have gone to the dealership with the same problem 4 times since I have purchased this lemon! The gear shift sticks and will not go into gear, the gas cap was bad and caused the engine lights to come on. A 2 year old truck, what's up with that, I have has other car for 10 years and never replaced a gas cap! This is a brand new truck and no one should have to go through what I go. Ford motors is not a reputable co. And I will never purchase another Ford

Vey Pleased
By danny

2008 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck, well built and reliable. Very comfortable with the whole family on long trips. This is my first American car in over 10 years and I am surprised by how well made it is. I have 97,000 miles on it with ZERO problems. Third row seat is comfortable and the automatic folding flat seat feature is very useful

Reliability, comfortable ride, great styling, quiet, nice sound system. 21 mpg on the highway with non ethanol gas

none but wish i had gotten the sync system.