Used 2005 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

2005 Expedition XLS
By Consumer

2005 Ford Expedition XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Generally a good full-size SUV. Plenty of room, comfortable first and third row seats. Second row seats OK but cushions are too low. Limited headroom in front row. Good all-weather SUV; very good in snow. Some interior squeaks and rattles, mostly in cold weather. Poor mileage; 10-12 mpg in the city. 28 gallon gas tank = $84 fill ups at $3/gallon. Won't fit in some parking garages.

Low-range 4-wheel drive, plenty of cargo room, good looking exterior. Good crash scores.

More headroom in front seats for taller drivers. Improved mpg. Better quality switches and knobs.

Great vehicle
By Mellon fry

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. I get 20 mph on the road. I am not tired after a 1000 mile trip in one day. Very reliable. Much better than the Mercedes suv that I owned.

Comfort on long trips. Good quality.

Adjustable seat back [electric].

Lemon
By Beth Haun

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my '99 Eddie Bauer Expedition for this one and within a 4 month period my 2005 had been in the shop more times than my 1999 model had been over a period of 6 years. I've had problems with the gas pedal, electric seats, a piece of interior molding fell off by itself, and numerous rattles in the dash that the dealership employees can't seem to hear but everyone else that rides with me can. With only 8500 miles and 8 months of wear, the value has gone from the $37K that we paid to $22K (what the dealership will give for it now). I've contacted Ford Motor Company about a buy back or replacement but that was a big waste of time. I won't be buying another Ford!

I purchased the car because I liked the interior layout.

Expedition
By Cindy

2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Expedition but shortly after I bought it, gas went sky high. That was a minus but the space and comfort for my family made the purchase very worthwhile.

I love the CD player, the DVD player and the third seat. I like my seat to adjust to where I want it to be and I love the image.

I wish that it had a sunroof, moonroof or whatever and I wish that I could unlock both sides with the keyless entry. I also wish the seats had warmers.

King Ranch
By Mike

2005 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck overall.

Comfort, quiet ride, space, the King Ranch leather seats.

Periodic problems with the check engine light. Stays on for a couple of days and then goes off for a couple months only to return. Stitching on the rear captains chairs arm rests.