Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 305 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Love it & will buy my 3rd one soon
By southcross

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Expedition and I love these trucks. I'm about to buy a 3rd one. This one has been a rock - totally dependable and solid. I feel safe on highway or in town. Had someone turn in front of me recently on a highway and the brakes did exactly what they were supposed to do - again, it's solid. Put the Michelin LTX/MS tires on it and the ride is great. Ford has treated me right all along - with the 1st one and the 2nd one. It stinks on gas mileage, but it does everything I need it to do. I love this truck.

More storage compartments. My '99 had more storage. Better gas mileage would make this PRIMO!

Absolute Garbage
By Steve

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a true Friday afternoon lemon. Both front calipers defective at 39,000 miles - out of warranty I have to replace. Exhaust system at 49,000 miles - i have to replace. Now, transmission gone at 58,000 miles - I have to fix. Nothing is covered under warranty, Gas mileage has never been better than 12.5 MPG. When addressed to Ford that a transmission under minimal use should not need to be replaced at 58,000 miles, Ford "regrets this, but unfortunately, can't help us." Junk car, junk company, worst vehicle I have ever owned. I would highly dissuade anyone from Ford product based on this vehicle and my experience with the company.

None.

A transmission that goes more than 58,000 miles for starters. Or a warranty that is longer than 36,000 miles, when everything seems to start to fail.

Bought Used...
By JoAnn

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this used at 44K miles last year after having a 4 cyl Altima. First I would not go back to a car. Sitting this high is awesome. The truck itself is great and I have had no major problems. The tire monitoring system goes off when the car is cold but otherwise no major mechanical issues. DVD is great for my 3 kids and I added XM radio so this is like a home away from home. Owned the lemon Ford Tempo many years ago and vowed that I would never own a Ford again....maybe not a car but the SUVs are great. That is one thing that Ford is good at.

Third Row Auto Fold down Rear Sensor DVD Agile on the road

Nicer tires! Had to add some on mine. 0 to 60 could be a little quicker

Great for the whole Family
By Maurice Frye

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This car has done it all for us, we have traveled many miles and experienced it all and this car just keeps on Trucking...Great car if it was not for the terrible gas prices..

comfortable seats for the whole family and the automatic folding third row

Better fuel economy

Road Trip Warrior
By fourmonkeys

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned our EB for about 2 1/2 years now and it has never dissappointed. It was comfortable with 4 kids in car seats and stuffed to the brim with a week's supply of stuff on a 4000 mile roundtrip. It's a good to and from vehicle, especially with a bunch of kids, pop in a DVD and go. And you can tow a 5000 trailer with ease, barely noticeable with the power of the 5.4.  An interesting side note, the front clip of a Cadillac Catera will fit in the back, with the seats folded down of course. I'll sell it when the wheels fall off, great do-whatever-you-need-to-do truck.

Roominess. Engine. Powerfold seats. 6 disc changer in the dash

Tweeters in the pillar, sound is kind of muddy, bass is great when no one's in the 3rd row. Everything else is pretty good.