Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 304 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

love my expedition
By sabc

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My husband bought me my XLT last year with 52K miles from original owner..I love my truck I feel safe in it, love the DVD system, 8 passenger seating, electric 3rd row seats, moonroof,back up sensor.. this truck is loaded. Only complaint is the support in front seat isn't so good and I wish the DVD player wasn't right in the middle of the mirror and of course gas but it is a 4wd v8 so what do you expect. Over all love love my truck!

leather,moonroof,dvd,sensors,6disc cd player, color and safe feeling

discomfort in front seat, dvd tv blocks view when open, gas mileage

2nd One, and Loving It
By MYEXH8ME

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Eddie Bauer 4x4. I haven't had a problem with this SUV, and I would recommend it to anyone. It has more torque than GM's, but less horsepower; translated, tows more but won't win a light to light. Who wants to race something this big anyway? I have used it to tow 5 or 6 cars to the crusher...I couldn't tell they were even behind me. There is also plenty of ground clearance, incase you want to hop a curb or two. Tire Pressure Monitoring System really, really works too! Headlight illumination well above average...brights light up the horizon and foggers do their job. Powerfold 3rd row a plus, especially on rainy days when you need the extra room. DVD system great for kids!!

I think that the list topping feature for this vehicle for me is the heated/cooled front seats. My roommate always wants to travel in the Expedition in the summer, because it keep the crack cool. Her usually sticks to his Yukon in the winter because it has bun warmers!

The only complaint is MPG, hence the 8519 annual avarage for the one I own. More horsepower with improved fuel economy would make me trade the one I have for the latest and greatest. Ford should look at GMC...they are leaving us in their dust!

Best SUV I have owned
By R Williams

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We made the mistake of purchasing a new 07 Wrangler and what a mistake, sold it quick and found this Expedition with 4WD cheap with only 31k miles. Had to replace the Contrac tires because it sat for over a year until gas came down. I purchased it to tow cars that I purchase on craiglist. I have even pulled a 36 foot motorhome (15,000 pounds) to a garage with no problems.I have put about 12k miles on it now and I love it. Passes everything but the gas stations. The new tires make it really comfortable. Did not want 4X4 but they gave this thing away when closing the dealership. I will put over 200,000 miles on this like all my other Fords one with over 435,000 miles. Do your own maintnance.

I have always loved a Ford even thiough I also drive a Honda for MPG. A Ford is bullet proof and will survive a nuclear war no matter what others say and parts are cheap and available at any autohouse. Of course I do do all my own service because you can not trust others in most cases

Sure would like a little better gas mileage but it is worth it for the towing I do. Needs more inside lighting like the Lincolns have or a flashlight on a cable so it will always be there.

Best Domestic Vehicle Ever Owned
By JW

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

80,000 miles and have never had any mechanical problem. This is the way to travel for a large family (>4). Kids and wife love it. DVD system and premium stereo are great. Very comfortable seating, even in the third row. Long interstate trips allow a significant increase in gas mileage. No problem towing large (6500+ pounds) of boat. Have never been stuck in snow and often pulled others out of the ditches.

Front seats that warm or cool at flip of a switch. I love sitting above the traffic and having great visibility. Wireless headsets for those watching the DVD system - and I can listen to the radio simultaneously. Surprisingly comfortable for a big vehicle.

Improved gas mileage of course. But if you car pool, or take other large adults on trips, how could you complain.

Love it & will buy my 3rd one soon
By southcross

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Expedition and I love these trucks. I'm about to buy a 3rd one. This one has been a rock - totally dependable and solid. I feel safe on highway or in town. Had someone turn in front of me recently on a highway and the brakes did exactly what they were supposed to do - again, it's solid. Put the Michelin LTX/MS tires on it and the ride is great. Ford has treated me right all along - with the 1st one and the 2nd one. It stinks on gas mileage, but it does everything I need it to do. I love this truck.

More storage compartments. My '99 had more storage. Better gas mileage would make this PRIMO!