Used 2003 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 305 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

A Great Truck
By dsword

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used in oct.of 2007.I absolutely love this truck.My kids love it.Plenty of room for everyone.No problems mechanically or with the exterior.Sadly someone just ran a red light last week and was doing 70 plus and tboned me!My truck is totaled,but it saved my life! Everyone has said that if I was in anything smaller I would have been killed.I am deffinately getting another one just like it!

rear folding seats,plenty of room,Nav,heated and cooled seats

Another Domestic that can't compete
By richard

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We love the features that the Eddie Bauer has: heated/cooled seats, etc. but so many problems: the back-up sensors failed, the paint has peeled in many places, the release cable for back lid failed, and many more. The mileage is terrible.

Heated/cooled seats, rear controls for radio/CD, electric 3rd row seat, rear back-up sensors, size.

Overall build quality

Great Family Hauler
By mschooly

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Our Expedition has done my family great over the last six years. It has survived three young children and a lot of driving vacations. It was a great family hauler with the fold flat third row, DVD system, and the heated and cooled front seats. Followed all recommended services done by dealer. Had problems with premature front tire wear until I took it to an independent tire shop to do alignment and balance every 5000. Interior rattles became a problem on rough roads after a few years of use. Gas mileage is bad around town, but better than expected on highway, as long as you go 65.

Fold flat second and third row, DVD system, heated and cooled front seats

Better quality interior plastics, DVD system that loads in dash, tire pressure system that identifies specific tire and pressure

No more Ford
By Tom

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it new, within four years of ownership I had several minor to major problems with the SUV. Air condition would "clunk" when you turn it on. Side mirrors always adjust when unlocking. Alternator gave out. the 3rd spark plug blew out. water would always leak into the vehicle on the driver side windshield handle area when it rains. now the radiator is loosing fluid somewhere. lots of front wheel brake dust.

Very comfortable on long distance drive. plenty of room.

Better Engine.

It's OK
By DrCPsych

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I purchased this car, I was so excited! But, the ignition gave me problems and Ford kept telling me nothing was wrong with it. Then, the interior headliner was rattling. They fixed it and it kept rattling at high speeds. Then the buttons to open the windows fell through the hole they were supposed to be secured in. Several years later, the DVD player wouldn't work and the CD player didn't work either. The brakes needed changing at 20,000 miles! OK, so we had a great deal of problems but I like this truck. However, I would not buy another one! I will buy a Honda or Toyota SUV next time when the economy is better.

Rugged, bold look. Great engine. Great car to haul the wife, kids and grandparents.

Better gas mileage, higher quality interior design (i.e., a dvd/cd player that lasts!. Better tires!