Used 2000 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Good Vehicle, 8 years and running
By Pat Smith

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

At 83,000 miles the only work that has been done on the auto is throttle body cleaning at 80,000 miles and replacement of one coil at around 50,000 miles. Survived a strong hit from Ford Explorer with little damage and no one hurt. Mileage at 20mpg on highway which is good for a large SUV. Cannot get rid of it because it has been so very reliable and secure. Good driving position. Simple dash and plain styling and truck-like ride but big and safe. Rear back up sensor works great. Thanks.

Side air bags. Decent gas mileage and good comfortable driving position.

Newer models have all the bells and whistles that these older one do not have, but there is goodness/reliability in simplicity at times. Would buy again. Would get 5.4L motor even though 4.6 is adequate except in the hills or when fully loaded.

Don't buy this truck
By rivera

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

We have had this truck less than one year and it has left us stranded more than 4 times! The mechanic has made over $1,000 dollars for repairs on this truck. First the air bags broke, we replaced them with springs, then the battery went out, then the alternator broke, then the fuel pump needed to be replaced. I told my husband not to buy a Ford, now were both paying for it. Stick to Honda, mine has never had a problem, it's ten years old 120,000 miles and still going. Were getting rid of this piece of junk.

NONE

Build a better truck

Not Bad
By sydipoo

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall I've been pleased since I had the driver seat reworked. I can't believe I haven't seen more complaints about the uncomfortable leather seats. It had the most uncomfortable seat I'd ever sat in. The back was so hard and bumped outward. I had the lumbar disconnected and added padding, so it's ok now. Have had no mechanical problems and have 60k miles. Just replaced the battery. The front passenger air bag works intermitently, it will cost $300 to fix. I love the roomy cup holding area. It fits all my creature comforts, Kleenex box, drinks, hand sanitizer etc. Plus the huge console compartment. I hate the obstructed view where the side mirrors are. That took some getting used to.

Love the roomy console area. Good interior design. Best air conditioner I've ever had.

Make the view less obstructed where the side mirrors are (too big an area for blinds spots.) More comfortable seats and needs hanger hooks in the back cargo area.

Only Drive Fords
By Kris

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle after owning an Explorer for about 4 years. I wanted something a little bigger to haul kids, friends, dogs. Explorer didn't have 3rd seat yet. I love this car. We've driven it a long time for family trip, etc. including 2 large dogs. I love this car, it's just time to start looking for something newer and with a 3rd seat that folds in instead of has to be taken out (very heavy).

The look of the 4WD is so much cooler than the 2WD. I love my CD changer (10 disk). I will miss that the most.

I'm glad they went to a 3rd seat that folds into the car and doesn't have to be taken out.

What a truck
By boaloo

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

This truck has been very good to me. I must say the only problem I've had with it was the blown head gasket at 23,000 miles, but it was all under warranty. Other than that, it's great.

All of it