Used 2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

My Expy
By Bruce

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

It has been a great truck except for the transmission. We are on #3. All under warranty but, the last was the extended warranty. Look elsewhere if you tow a trailer. The gas of course if now a problem.

Comofort & it will climb a mountain.

Transmission & hybrid?

Been good
By rollnon

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

For all the hype on how wonderful the Toyotas and Hondas are I have loved my Expedition. I know these are gone with the rising gas cost but I plan to hang on to this SUV to tow my camper. Every day driving will slow down but this has been a reliable, comfortable family travel machine. Pulled my camper from Maine to Florida and does it well. From the beaches of the outer banks on NC to mountains of NC, VA VT, NH. This is one tough truck.. I love my American truck

Great truck...Terrible engine
By J

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car from a friend, knowing it had some problems, a few interior lights didn't work, a couple scratches, but nothing major. They owned it for 8 years and it was great for them. I got it and it was fine for a month. A few days past a month and the #3 spark plug blew when I started the engine. I had to have it towed and serviced which cost me $574.67. Then the mechanic told me if I had to floor it or accel quick for some reason it was very likley it could happen again. Im getting rid of it before anything else goes. It rides great, 4wd is great, and so is ground clearence. I went offroad once and it did fine in 2wd. Gas mileage is 10-12. I would recommend it, but only the 4.6l v8.

The power and performance, if (the big if) using it wasn't risking destroying the car. The seats are extremely comfortable and the room.

Get a whole new engine. Turbocharge or supercharge the 4.6L V8. At least that engine isn't shooting out spark plugs.

Good Vehicle, 8 years and running
By Pat Smith

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

At 83,000 miles the only work that has been done on the auto is throttle body cleaning at 80,000 miles and replacement of one coil at around 50,000 miles. Survived a strong hit from Ford Explorer with little damage and no one hurt. Mileage at 20mpg on highway which is good for a large SUV. Cannot get rid of it because it has been so very reliable and secure. Good driving position. Simple dash and plain styling and truck-like ride but big and safe. Rear back up sensor works great. Thanks.

Side air bags. Decent gas mileage and good comfortable driving position.

Newer models have all the bells and whistles that these older one do not have, but there is goodness/reliability in simplicity at times. Would buy again. Would get 5.4L motor even though 4.6 is adequate except in the hills or when fully loaded.

Don't buy this truck
By rivera

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

We have had this truck less than one year and it has left us stranded more than 4 times! The mechanic has made over $1,000 dollars for repairs on this truck. First the air bags broke, we replaced them with springs, then the battery went out, then the alternator broke, then the fuel pump needed to be replaced. I told my husband not to buy a Ford, now were both paying for it. Stick to Honda, mine has never had a problem, it's ten years old 120,000 miles and still going. Were getting rid of this piece of junk.

NONE