Used 2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

2000 Ford Expedition
By ghostrider8

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Between 2000 to 2008 & now 2011 Ford quality has increased to number one. Ford Dealers have also improved on service.I had 7 Expeditions in the family all had over 150K miles before trade in.I have a 2000 Expedition with 114k & it has been an excellent vehicle, great for long trips, plenty of power from the 5.4L V8.Tune-ups are every 100,000 miles with major fluid changes at 30K & I recommend using fully synthetic oil every 5k-7k miles.Great family vehicle with plenty of room & a 3rd row seat.A SUV with a proven track record.

The hieght of the vehicle, the large size, front & rear climate controls with full A/C & heat covering the entire vehicle. Fog lamps, heat mirrors with built in turn signals, & an electronic compass with fuel reading miles to empty & fuel economy. Running board lights & plenty of inside reading lights & overhead storage.Standard factory tinted windows. Driver Door Key Code Panel.

To much plastic, the dash needs to be black to reduce glare, the color of the insturment cluster looks cheap & needs chrome accents with colors of red & blue. Better fuel economy while increased performance & power. Improve alarm system, auto driving lights with day lamps, bright brake lights. More storage compartments, standard use of Synthetic fluids & oil, standard heated seats, standard 10yr/100,000 mile power train warranty with 5yr/60k bumper-to-bumper warranty,standard back-up camera,back-up warning outside, standard full cabin climate control, 12 disc CD Changer, DVD Player,& emergency first aid kit including jumper cables.True Dull Exhaust sys. Option of a Clean Powerstroke Diese.l

Ford Tough!
By houdonit

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my XP used with a Lot of miles on it so I expected some problems and I did have some. First there were some electrical issues which I fixed by putting in a new windsheild. Then there was a starter problem. But thats it. It was going on 200,000 miles when when I was driving with my 3 year old and a lady ran a red light and plowed into us. I am buying another one for how it did in that accident alone.

Love all the room in the XP. Does great on trips with the family. Hauls good. The adjustable seat and adjustable pedal make it easy to be comfortable.

Fuel mileage really stinks though.

Not many fixes over 10 years
By mgarrett30

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Got my '00 Expedition in '01 and have not been upset with it.
I have not had a payment on my SUV in over 5 years and have put very little money into it at this point.
My wife and I keep talking about needing a new suv and have balked each time that it comes down to it.
After not having a payment in 5 years and putting very little money into the truck, it is very difficult to justify the $550 for a new payment.
Each time the tires wear down I keep telling my self that it is going to die and why put the money into it.
Then winter comes and the tires outlast the car once again.
The one thing that I have had to replace at this point are the coils, 4@$200ea.
MPG are not good at 10-13 avg.

Maintenance has been next to nothing i have had before. Have put money into 4coils, 1 fuel pump a few sets of breaks (it is quite heavy)3-4 sets of tires. I could not have wished for a better maintenence record. The money that I have saved has gone into my sons college fund.

suggested break pads to cut down on the dust on the front wheels. Plusher interior. Greater trade in value.

11 Years and Still a Good Vehicle
By Vin Tanner

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Bought new. All issues are normal wear and tear: control arms replaced @ 90,000 miles. 2 coils replaced in 10 years. Outside of that: Nothing! Change the oil regularly and drive responsibly and you get a good vehicle. Safety: superb. Mileage decent for big heavy SUV: 19 Hwy; Controls simple in old vehicle. Reliability: 5 star. Safety: 5 star Comfort: 4 star. I see these all around town, Ford did well with this SUV. Would buy again, would recommend. 4.6 L/ 4 speed. Thanks

New vehicles have these features. At the time the XLT was adequate. Perhaps having nothing fancy has kept maintenance costs low. Ford went to 5W- 20 synthetic blend oil and with this there is no oil use at all.

Happy Ford Owner
By Happy Ford Owner

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my Expedition in 2001. I have had to replace the transmission, two coils, and wheel bearing, ball joints and some other stuff. Now at 138,00 miles and in the shop again. But for some reason I just can't let this truck go. I just bought a Mercedes ML350. But i couldn't trade in my Ford. I just Love It. It's been fixed up just for me and I can't let it go.

Roomy, interior design, comfortable on long trips and I have had many of those.

Gas mileage and maybe some wood grain interior.