Used 2000 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

now a misfiring cylinder!
By Snake34

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is an add on from my last review on my Expedition. Now, less than 7k miles from the blown head gasket, at 75k I have a misfiring cylinder. One of 8 the dealership reminds me, all of which could go bad just like cylinder 3 in my current case. $252 later I am still driving my Expedition. How long do you keep it before saying/admitting it was a loss and buy something other than a Ford? Maybe Ford will help now that I have spent over $2k in repairs since purchasing 2 years ago. I doubt it.

Same as before, except it is hard to enjoy them when you are broke fixing the vehicle!

Better engine quaility! More horsepower. Better gas mileage. FORD SUPPORT WHEN YOU BUY A LEMON!

Blown head gasket
By Snake34

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased an expedition b/c of its great looks, size, and expected reliability. I bought it w/55k miles in 2003. Loved it and still do b/c of tough truck looks w/the sport package. Great view from the front seats, plenty of room inside, though when the 3rd seat is used there is little to no room in the back, great handling interior comforts. The ride is a little rought. However, all of that went to the wayside when the head gasket blew at 69k and ford refused to help. So $2k later, I am still driving my Expedition. So, love the vehicle but can not rationalize buying another one due to my misfortune and ford's refusal to help. Where is customer service to keep customers loyal?

Looks, handling, size, view and again looks.

More room in back when 3rd seat is in use. Better head gaskets!!!!!!!! Ford support when they sell you a lemon!!!!!!!!

Expedition - Comfort, Ergonomics & Value
By tobermori

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

Great truck. No racer, as you would expect, but I tow our 20' boat up 6 degree inclines in the Blue Ridge Mountains with no problems at all, and I have the 4.6 Triton! Comfortable on the highway. The XLT Sport is a great deal. XLT with bonuses! You have to have Continental tires on this SUV; they improve handling and quieten the ride.

Loads of power outlets, great sunroof, dual air conditioners freeze out the car. great towing package.

MORE POWER! Better acceleration. That's it! Great vehicle for the family and then some.

No major problems yet and 5 yrs old!
By ExpedOwner

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I really like my Expedition. I bought it with 3 miles on it and now with 110,000 miles I am still just as pleased with it. I plan to keep it as long as it runs.

Captains chairs allow my boys to get into the back seat without needing assistance to fold the seat down. I love it.

Take off power needs to be improved. It takes a while for the truck to get up to normal driving speed.

Great car
By Swf

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

This is one of the best cars I have owned. The ride is great and even in city traffic it is good to drive. The only down fall is the air conditioning isn't as good as the old freon systems and in the south you need great air. Overall a great car.

Roomy and smooth ride.