Used 2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

No major problems yet and 5 yrs old!
By ExpedOwner

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I really like my Expedition. I bought it with 3 miles on it and now with 110,000 miles I am still just as pleased with it. I plan to keep it as long as it runs.

Captains chairs allow my boys to get into the back seat without needing assistance to fold the seat down. I love it.

Take off power needs to be improved. It takes a while for the truck to get up to normal driving speed.

Great car
By Swf

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This is one of the best cars I have owned. The ride is great and even in city traffic it is good to drive. The only down fall is the air conditioning isn't as good as the old freon systems and in the south you need great air. Overall a great car.

Roomy and smooth ride.

A/C needs colder air!

Electrical Problems
By Rob Mathis

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Intermittently some accessories are staying on after the keys are removed from the vehicle running the battery dead over night. Can't always remember to shut everything off. BIG Problem. We can't rely on it! Very disappointed. Great vehicle other than that. Ford dealership cannot find a problem. So far 4 separate instances with a brand new battery.

Size, towing capacity, comfort.

Need a longer standard warranty. 3yr/36,000 says "we know it's going to tear up and we're not going to stand behind it." Need more reliable electrical system.

Repair Again and Again
By Michael

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Have required repeated repairs, each at a very high price. Repairs include rear oil seal 3 times, transmisssion seal, air pump, shocks and electic control for air shocks, brake cable, tie rod ends, sun roof seal and motor, and on and on. Most recent was anti-lock brake contol and pump for $1,300. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, compounded by Ford's outrageous repair costs. I will never own another Ford.

Comfortable, excellent towing.

Reliability. It is bad enough that everything breaks, but Ford should be embarrassed by their outrageous prices for parts and repairs. Insult on top of Injury.

200 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD
By 1FordMan

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I purchased this vehicle for my wife in the fall of 2002.I have replaced the tires, brakes and oil. I have not experienced any problems at all with this vehicle.

2nd Row bucket seats and the built in DVD player.A very roomy vehicle which is family friendly.

Better fuel economy and a third row seat which could be folded into the floor.