Used 1999 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Pampered Eddie Bauer
By jarendt

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Pampered but still big ticket repairs. $1000 for ventilation problem. New transmission at 125,000 miles, and now it needs a head gasket, $2500 quote. Heated seat stopped working at 60k. CD player has problems on and off. Love the ride and feel but do not plan on fixing or buying another. Honda here I come!

Ride and feel of full size SUV. fit and finish is very nice.

Drivetrain! Mileage could be better but is about average for size of vehicle.

Just Keeps Running
By LLRinCO

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased new, this Expedition just keeps running. With over 70K miles on it, we have never had a problem. It rides fine for the truck that it is, has nice features, but best of all it never fails to start or run perfectly.

CD player, heated seats. I like the size, yet it's easy to maneuver and turns shorter than the Lexus RX300.

They made them in the new body style.

Satisfied Owner
By JRW

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

The overall experience with my Eddie Bauer Expedition has been very good. I purchased the vehicle new nearly six years ago and it has delivered dependable and comfortable service. Having always been a GM man, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Expedition.

Favorite features include car like handling, roomy interior with more second seat leg room than even in the Suburban, heated seats, and adjustable accelerator and brake pedals.

I LUV THIS SUV!
By LLcoolG

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I have had this SUV for 2 1/2 years. I love it. As long as I can afford the gas, I'll keep it. It is so comfortable for me and my large family.

Sound system, 3rd row seats, mileage indicator, exterior, leather seats, adjustable pedals.

Better trade-in value.

Head Gaskets should be a recall item
By Mike

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my rig new and loved it until the warranty ran out. New power steering pump at 38,000 miles, would not come out of 4WD because of bad switch, then the big one at 60,000 miles - head gaskets went bad. $1,800 repair, new Ford parts and now - leaking again! Heard of several that have had this happen but Ford claims no knowledge of the problem and we are stuck. Fuel mileage lousy, 14 mph on highway and about 11 in city. Good power for towing with 5.4 engine. Love the ride, room, 3rd seat. Been a Ford driver all my life but will be hesitant to continue with the quality issues.

Great leg room and overall passenger comfort.

Back the product. Head gaskets don't go bad this early. Improve gas mileage