Used 2007 Ford Expedition EL Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Expedition EL

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:

Love my Expedition
By CCL

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My Ford Expedition has been a great vehicle, road trips are a breeze. Plenty of room, for tall people such as ourselves the leg room and roomy seating makes a huge difference. I was surprised to find that the gas mileage was more than we expected. We get 22 to 24 mpg on the highway, and 16 to 18 in the city. That is pretty good for a large SUV! I hate to sell it but, the payment is just to much in this economy!

Heated leather seats, cooled leather seats, sunroof so nice! Roomy, spacious cabin with a nice sound system.

My suggestion is to increase the mileage and not use so much plastic on the interior and exterior. Price could use and overhaul also! Otherwise enjoy driving it!

Vehicle Not Fit for Towing.
By JRWTexas

2007 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

When attempting to go forward or reverse on an incline, the vehicle will intermittently not respond to the gas pedal. Sometimes it surges and stops. When I pull the boat trailer up the launch ramp, I have to stop the engine and start it again for the vehicle to respond. Ford dealer (now out of business) could not find the problem. Now that the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford is not interested. All they could do is to make an appointment with a dealer at my cost. Ford states that the records are no longer available since the dealer is out of business. I bought this as a tow vehicle, however I will no longer tow due to safety issues. Ford has no customer service at all!

Do some research on customer complaints instead of ignoring them. The person in charge of Ford's customer service in Dearborn should respond to customer letters instead of ignoring them.

Holding up great
By Perry III

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the second review we've written. We haul 3 teenage boys,a 20 foot ski boat, and all kinds of other things. We live on a very windy two lane way out in the sticks. This vehicle experiences ice storms in the winter and monsoons in the summer. It has impeccable road manners in all driving conditions. We have 80,000 miles on "the beast." This is A very safe vehicle in all respects. I would highly recommend this one over all its competitors. It's a shame it came along when these types of vehicles are going by the way side. The fuel economy is actually decent (18 MPG on the open road) for such a large and heavy machine. It's also very comfortable and has proven itself reliable.

Roll stability control and advance track coupled with size, nimbleness, and extensive airbag system (no safer machine on the market)

No faults worth mentioning.

Best car I've ever owned
By Jimmy

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

A great car -- incredibly versatile. Use it for hauling kids, furniture, etc. or just for trips. A wonderful ride. Fuel economy a surprise. At 65 mph, I was able to get 22 mpg for a 200 mile drive -- due in part to the 6 speed transmission.

Very comfortable ride. Excellent handling. Loads of safety features.

Keep working on mpg.

My AWSOME Expedition
By Linda

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I drive a considerable amount of miles per year. This car has been the best and most reliable suv I have ever owned. I would buy a new one without a second thought. Ford really got this one right.

Living in Florida, the cooling seat feature comes in very handy. The rear back up sensor has been a lifesaver. The space is great-my teenagers aren't on top of eachother. This car is like the little black dress-great for just about anything form Home Depot to a valet at an event.