Used 2005 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Excursion

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED
By Jill

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This SUV fits my family of seven very comfortably plus my two dogs.

Diesel engine has a lot of power and get up and go. Great for towing our big boat.

Bench seat in front would be go to seat nine. Airbag shut off for passenger seat.

Ford job two
By charles

2005 Ford Excursion XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I like the exterior modifications and the positive acceleration for the 2005 lineup. The ride and handling characteristic take awhile to get used to. I really don't like the extra swaying of the vehicle; maybe a heavier duty shock needs to be used at all corners. The now standard Pirelli tires really helped me decide to get the vehicle. It made me think that Ford really wants the best for its customer.

I really like the feeling of being able to see almost all around the vehicle from the drivers seat. Another favorite is the dual A/C system. When its 110 in the shade, this system really cools it down fast. The vehicle really adds to its looks with the enhanced grill and new headlight arrangement.

For something this expensive I expected a better interior and a little better handling suspension. The rear axle really deflects when going over bumps. The addition of 2" blocks on the rear might be causing this feel. The blocks were added by FORD to level the vehicle out.

Love these Trucks
By Patrick

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

My 2004 is the second Excursion we have owned. We tow a 10,000 lb. trailer and it has no problem handling the trailer. We get 21 mpg on the interstate when not towing, and 11 mpg when towing. Factoring what we tow, 6 adults, and gear, we are getting fantastic mileage. Hope Ford continues to build this great truck.

Wouldn't trade it for the world
By toricat24

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Excursion! It has become a member of our family. I have the V-10 and, yes, it does drink gas; but it's a trade-off I'm willing to make for the performance and the LOOK of the truck. Gas is a cost of using any vehicle. It just costs more for the Excursion.

Towing capabilities can't be beat! Towed a 30' travel trailer across the country and across the Rockies. It was smooth and didn't struggle at all.

Auto mirrors that turn down when in reverse, heated rear seats, auto-start option, forward sensors on front bumper.

big man big truck
By rob

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I'm 6'7 320 pounds. I had all the big trucks and this one is the best. I went from a Silverado to Escalade to a Ram and could not find comfort until I sat in the big dog; then i knew this was my truck and of course I always go top of the line. This just made the truck even better; you can say I'm a Ford man now!

The leg room and the front of the truck; people move out of the way fast not to say anything for the power at your foot. Just can't be beat for its size.

The mirrors should have been powered slide instead of push out.