Used 2005 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Excursion

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Best SUV ever built
By Bruno

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is by far the best truck we have ever owned. It will carry or drag anything you ask of it. We when though three hurricanes last year and this truck never missed a step. From dragging fallen trees out of the road to carrying building supplies, it never let us down. And when every one ran out of gas it was still easy to find diesel.

Power Stroke engine has great power and still gets 17MPG! Drives so smooth you forget you're driving almost 8000lbs down the road.

Dealership, Dealership, Dealership. Ford has the best trucks on the market but their product support needs a lot of help.

The Big Doodie
By SuperDogSteve

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This truck is awesome! It has room for the whole family and the luggage too. The gas mileage of the 6.0L diesel is unbelievable. After comparing it to the competition, there was no comparison. The Excursion won hands down! You will not be sorry making this purchase.

I love the interior room. The large mirrors, with the convex portion on the bottom are excellent. The backing monitor is also very handy.

A larger screen for the DVD entertainment system would be a good addition.

Second one -- I love it!
By Steve Feintuch

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Like some of the new features over my 2000. Transmission shifting is a little different and I'm trying to get used to it. Love the 6.0 Powerstroke.

Memory seats and mirrors.

Keep making it, nothing works as hard in an SUV for towing.

We bit the bullet
By Family on The Go

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Finally, our family of 6 has room to travel with book bags, lacrosse sticks, gym bags, basketball bags, and swim bags ... and no one loses an eye or gets stepped on while exiting the vehicle! My husband and I did not want to take on the gas mileage, and we did not want the noise of the diesel, so we hesitated about buying the Excursion. I wanted a Suburban. What convinced us? The value of Excursion over the Suburban and the Toyota Sienna that we considered. We got more for our money in cargo room, and a luxury interior, and the Excursion costs 400 less dollars per year to insure than the other. We wouldn't go back. We love our Excursion, and so do the kids!

The roomy interior is the best. The cargo capacity is the best, and the ability to go up and down the hills driving the kids to school without struggling!

More comfy seats! Split folding rear seat would be nice, and ability to fold the second row seat on either side.

Love my Excursion
By EXCMama

2005 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I lifted mine 3", added extra leafs, and 36" tires. It is very fun to drive once you have owned it a while. If you are used to a smaller car, and only drive it once, you will find it difficult to park. I live in the mountains, and the only thing I don't like is the power going up the mountain passes. I'm down to about 35mph by the time I hit the Eisenhower tunnel with my horse trailer ... but that's my fault for not going with the turbo diesel. This is definitely the most comfortable SUV to ride in on long trips. (We also own a Denali).

Backup sensors are a must have if you ever plan on parallel parking this beast!

Quieter diesel option.