Used 2005 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Excursion SUV

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Should of got the Suburban
By Dustin

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Bought a brand new Excursion diesel. Transmission went out before 8000 miles; had to get a new transmission replaced (warranty covered); had power steering and brake problems. Radio and DVD player had to be replaced. it took them over 2 months to fix the radio, two weeks to fix the transmission. Spend 56k on this car, wouldn't expect these kinds of problem on a car of this price. Also, now having problems with the heater not working. Wife doesn't trust this car, so now it sits in my driveway collecting dust. Trade-in value not that great. Ford service is not great, always waiting.

DVD system when it works, keeps the kids occupied. Heated seats. Lots of cup holders.

Bigger tires. Easier access to spare, which will take you over an hour to put it back where it's suppose to go.

Family of 6 Riding High
By Family of 6 S. Kee

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I am 110% happy with my suv; it has exceeded all of my expectations. I love the power my truck brings with it. I got stuck in the snow 15 times last winter when I drove my minivan & now I have the power of my V10 engine and 4wd. My gas mileage is comparable to my old minivan. I had to use 93 octane for the van so I can use 87 octane for my suv. I don't see much difference. I can fit my 4 children, 2 Labradors and husband in my suv very comfortably. It is by far better than the Suburban and Yukon XL. I looked and drove both before my purchase. I like Fords and was happy to fine the mammoth in Ford's line up. it's too bad they won't make them anymore. It's easy to drive and park, smooth and comfy.

6 disc CD, 2nd row captains chair, DVD player. Easy access to 3rd row, SPACE for 4 children. Kids play their video games on trips. Watching movies easy on ears with wireless earphones. Backup sensor is excellent. 4wd -- I love it. Adjustable pedals, tinted review mirror. Compass, gas mileage read out is great.

Keep making them. Head rest for 3rd row.

Fabulous Excursion
By Boris Pasche

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I just traded a 2000 Lexus RX300 for a 2005 Ford Excursion 4WD Limited. We drove through a very serious blizzard a few days ago. The Excursion on 4WD is unbeatable: comfortable, safe, and very fun to drive. My kids loved watching DVDs in the middle of the blizzard. In term of cargo space, this car is a dream.

Cargo space, interior design, comfort.

None.

sixride
By Clinton

2005 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Very reliable suv. Strong towing capabilities. great stopping power. Only suv with enough interior rear storage for the luggage of the maximum number of riders. That's a plus when traveling long distances. Lots of cup holders for passengers and very comfortable seating. Access to rear seats is readily accessible as well.

Rear sensors and rear ac controls. Wide towing mirrors.

Retractable side steps.

V10, RWD, Gas, all good
By Emi L.

2005 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this truck. I opted for gas over diesel and after driving it the V-8 seemed nothing short of gutless and wasn't even an option. I can't say I pay a lot of attention to the gas mileage but it seems to be decent for the vehicle size and the power ... yeowww, finally a beast of a vehicle that can get out of its own way. I love it. Maneuvers great, smooth ride & all in all I think a great riding vehicle. I definitely prefer driving it over my 350z. Not very difficult to find parking, can get it in any spot I can fit my Chevy truck into.

The room! Considering I am the kinda girl who has to take 10 pairs of shoes for an overnight trip, the space in this baby rocks for the frequent road trips I make across state. Dogs, couple of teenagers, everyone has a plenty of space. Nice to be able to get everyone in with no hassle.

Better interior fabric. I got cloth interior since my dogs are frequent passengers. Itchy on the skin.