Used 2004 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Excursion

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Awesome All-around Truck
By Dave

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my second Excursion. I use it for its protected cargo space extensively. Then you can haul 6 or 7 adults very comfortably. I have had absolutely no problems in 60,000 miles. It is not hard to drive like the reviewers say. It rides great on the highway and gets around town just fine! Really wish they wouldn't stop making them.

Room. Ride. Handling. Dependability.

More plush and features inside the cab. Fold down 3rd seat. Better gas mileage.

Best SUV Ever owned
By susie q

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We have had 2 Jeeps (which I loved, but not big enough), and a GMC Suburban and love the Excursion the best. I am sooooo glad we bought the diesel even though it is noisy sometimes. Drove over 3,000 miles to Colorado and was very comfortable, I don't understand why diesel is higher than regular, makes no sense. It is the best vehicle I have ever had.

The roomy interior, love the two tone leather, everything about it except the anti-theft that comes with it. For a vehicle that costs over $49,000.00 new, it should have a real security system. The salesmen don't know what it has. It only comes with a anti-theft to keep someone from stealing it.

The so called anti-theft alarm that comes with it is a joke. Had it 2 weeks and in broad daylight in a very visible hospital parking lot in front of a same day surgery center, thief dented door and broke in and ripped out the dvd and ruined the ceiling liner. Had to put in a real security system.

I Appreciate my Vehicle
By James Gilmore

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love the way my vehicle handles when traveling. The ride is exceptional. This is my second Excursion; the room they have is added comfort. You are relaxed when you reach your destination -- not tired and all worn down. It gives you a sense of security you don't get from other vehicles. It serves all the purposes I purchased it for. If they stop making them I have no ideal what type of vehicle i would purchase next. The Ford Excursion has proven to be everything I ever wanted in a vehicle.

Heated seats, DVD player, cruise control; I like all the features on my truck.

More stylish side view mirrors.Other than that I think it's perfect.

Family trip vehicle
By Bud

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

So far the diesel engine and all the other features have been tops. Only a few small glitches and three Colorado and 6 trips over 1500 miles with two under three year old kids and this is the way to go. Tuned the computer with micro chip and now get 21-22 miles per gallon on the highway--in this tank, what a way to go. Only had one adjustment early on the diesel and one tank of contaminated diesel which cleaned out just fine. You can't beat this for loading up and hitting the highway. Gets up and roars when the accelerator is pushed; amazing for a vehicle this size.

ROOM--good ride--surprising acceleration--DVD is a life saver and someone was thinking with all the outlets and cup holders.

Controls on the side of the seat would be better mounted on door. Not enough room for average guy's hand.

Luv my Excursion
By scoop

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love the roominess and all its options, especially the heated seats and the radio controls on the steering wheel. It's roomy enough for me, my husband and my mother and everyone is comfortable and can see out. I've taken two ski trips to Colorado and it holds all our gear and gets around in the mountains wonderfully. We get good use out of the DVD player with the dual features of using the DVD while listening to the CD player. Those 15 hour trips to Steamboat don't seem so long when you have "The Great Escape" playing on the DVD. 18.9 miles to the gallon traveling to Colorado. If you want a comfy, big, monster truck, this one is for you. This truck has it all, go get one and enjoy it.

Radio controls on the steering column, heated seats, 6 disc CD changer, DVD player with wireless headsets, cup holders, size and sound.

Moonroof would be nice.