Used 2002 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Excursion

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Ford SUV
By Mike

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Been a Ford fan my whole life; this monster of an SUV has never failed me what so ever. For the size it's got good mpg, and it can have plenty of people in them at once. It can tow just about any thing a truck can as well, which is good for me because I love to go camping in a camper and take my boat places.

All round great truck, lots of room, safe fun to drive you can go camping, and do just about any outdoor thing with this with little to no hold backs.

Better gas.

The bomb diggity
By Dave

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This truck is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It's big, bad, and hungry for fun. I have five kids in it at all times and we love it. I hope I can find a new one in the future. We've had maintenance issues only and it has 80,000+ miles.

4x4, movable pedals, swinging rear doors.

Can't think of any.

Either you LOVE IT or you HATE IT...
By Jenny5150

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I LOVE IT! It's comfortable to be in whether a driver or passenger (front, rear or 3rd row) and I'm 6'1"! It's not exactly a smooth ride, but I consider this vehicle a truck, not a luxury SUV. My husband I purchased it for it's function (cargo capacity and towing ability.) We bought this truck/suv knowing fully well that the fuel economy would bite. How could you think otherwise? I'm already brokenhearted knowing that Ford will no longer be making the Excursion.

The Room! Lots of leg, head, shoulder & hip room no matter where you sit in the vehicle. AND there's still plenty room for cargo with 7-8 passengers!

At this point, Ford has discontinued production of the Excursion ... which disappoints me. Such a shame because it's a great FUNctional vehicle.

peerless
By boat fancier

2002 Ford Excursion XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

At 107,000 only repair is rear end. Ford indicates no maintenance required - bad idea. 18 mpg summer, 17 winter at 75 mph. Still on original brakes. Harsh ride made up for by large comfortable seats. Excellent visibility. Upright driver position = no backache making 800 mile day quite doable. There is simply no vehicle in which you can carry as much or pull as much so far so cheaply in safety and comfort. Ford also has best am radios.

Diesel. Seats. Visibility.

If there was another way to pull 9000 pounds, elimination of solid axles would be swell.

Safety FIRST
By Twins Dad

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I bought this to travel with my newborn twins when they got here. What a great truck. Lots of space for toys and strollers and groceries. Never had a problem in any weather. I like the respect it gets. Known as Godzilla to family and friends. Replaced the front brakes and the exhaust to vented disks and a Banks exhaust. Just the right finishing touches. The gas is a drag to buy but as I said safety first.

The roominess and the power. It never feels the road or the speed. I never worry about getting there.

Better chip for performance AND mileage. They're available. Just not cheap