Used 2000 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Excursion

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Fits our needs
By Richard

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a good truck. It hauls all 6 of my family members and gear plus a 24ft travel trailer. The door actuators have failed a couple of times but that's all. Wish they still made them.

Interior room, towing capability.

Wish it wasn't this way.
By CHYBLUE

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this vehicle since 2001. 7.3 Turbo Diesel, not very much power, replaced 3 sets of hubs, 4 cam position sensors, ball joints have no grease fittings - replaced those twice, multiple electrical problems, 6 batteries so far, light switch breaks off when turning lights on (recalled on others, not where mine was built, per Ford). Newest problem, no center of steering, has been in shop 3 times; no use of it for last 2 months; replacing part by part from flushing fluids all the way to steering box, still doing same thing -- pulls right, then left, then right. Going back to dealer today. My best advice, buy a Chevy.

Love the size, can fit all my friends, great on a long trip as far as storage for luggage, etc. 4WD, if you can lock the hubs, they get stuck.

Seat memory, make grease fittings for the hubs.

2000 Excursion
By Brian

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I really am satisfied with my truck. I have never found a load I couldn't tow. It's comfortable for trips with two children and two dogs. Fuel usage, well it is a big vehicle with a V10, and that's all I have to say about that. I'd buy it again!

Towing capacity.

None.

I would buy another
By Lisa

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

When we purchased this SUV we needed something that was big enough to tote around our very active children and be reliable, safe and spacious. We have had to fix a few things in the SUV, but we have been very satisfied with it. We love driving our Ford Excursion and would purchase another one again. Maybe a diesel for fuel economy. It is pricey to fill the tank.

Favorite features include power everything! Heated seats and mirrors and how big and spacious it is.

Cup holders in the front should not only hold soft cups, but plastic bottles.

My Excursion
By Ryan Goodlett

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

One thing is that people forget that the Excursion is built on an F250 chassis, thats why it does not ride like a SUV. Also I have never done anything other than preventive maintenance.

The size.