Used 2000 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Excursion SUV

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Behemoth
By WAIN

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the best family vehicle in comfort, ride, reliability, and safety. And not to forget the cargo space. My father in-law is a world business man and travels quite often and brings us back a lot of goodies and this Excursion welcomes him and all his cargo with open doors. We've taken trips from San Diego to Vancouver Canada and back, Vegas, LA to Seattle, and many trips to San Francisco with 4 large adults and two kids, and everyone praised how well it rides. It is really comfortable on long and short trip, rides high so you can enjoy the scenery.

Behemoth

Bring it back into production. Ready for an 2008 model with the Super Duty capabilities!

My dream truck
By SHYSMOM

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I absolutely love my Excursion. I have the diesel. I am a Ford lover and went from an F250 crew cab 4x4 to the Excursion and am loving every minute of it.

The amount of space in the vehicle and the comfort when driving. The look of the truck.

None.

Love my Excursion
By Roxy

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

This Excursion drive and rides like a dream. It is great on long trips, what a cruiser. I like the looks of it. The interior is so comfortable and roomy. You can haul just about anything. Ours is a diesel and not 4x4 so our mileage is not too bad. The bet we did was 19.75 and usually about 18 mpg. So for a rig this big that's not too bad. It is not the easiest thing to park.

Comfortable leather seats. Easy to drive. The stereo sounds great. Heated seats.

I really don't have any cons on the vehicle.

00 Ford Excursion
By owltruck

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I'd avoid this vehicle and all FORD products. Apparently there's an issue with blowing spark plugs which costs upwards of $5k to repair including replacing the head unit. Always seems to be one issue after another, odd repairs have put our vehicle out of service roughly 30 - 40 days in the past few years.

I like the towing capability, but it's not good if the vehicle is broken down.

Recall the motor and repay the folks who are out thousands in costly repairs when Ford knew there was an issue.

Great family vacation vehicle
By jack

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle for towing a big camper with stability and power. Had problems with rotors that was warrantied twice but replaced three times. 13mpg. Can haul everything but it is a long vehicle.

Space, four wheel towing, you name it.

They don't build it anymore - what can I say.