Used 2000 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

great vehicle
By james L hoy

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I own a 2000 ford excursion limited I bought it last September the stock exaust system is quiet but drains power first I put a flowmaster 40 muffler which made a lot of difference in torque and power then I put a magnaflow free flow catalytic converter it made and incredible difference in torque and acceleration its a great vehicle my only complaint it the power door locks don't always work other that that I love this vehicle

great vehicle
By mr hoy

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I recently bought a 2000 ford excursion limited v10 gas with 88000 miles a one owner car I purchased it for a friend that bought it new. its in mint condition I refer to it as my 16 year old new car. it has a towing package with trailer brake control under dash. with heated towing mirrors, my only complaint is that the towing mirrors have a blind spot you have to use the wide angle lower part to see vehicles that are next to the rear door I have only owned this vehicle for two months and at night its even harder because your distance judgement is impaired. but its just a matter of getting used to the mirrors over all I love this vehicle its the best vehicle I have ever owned. mileage is poor 11 in town and 14 on the highway without towing. if you want a safe classy big suv a used excursion is a great value I highly recommend this vehicle. oh it has plenty of power even at 6000 feet in colorado

Wish I could buy another new Excusrion!
By Allen Bond

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

Best vehicle I have ever owned, by far! I can haul 7 adults on a long vacation trip in comfort, with all the luggage they care to take (eliminating the need for at least one additional car) and everyone is very safe in this WELL BUILT beast! I got the diesel engine (7.3 liter turbo diesel) which is the ONLY way to go with a vehicle with an empty weight of 7,260 pounds. It accelerates like it has solid rocket boosters if called on. Fuel economy with the "economy" rear end is impressive. Car loaded, at 45 mph on flat roads, I get 26 mpg!!! That drops to 16 when pulling a 9,500 pound trailer on hilly terrain. Average is around 17 - 19 including city. Even with the economy rear end it has the power to pull my house off the foundation if I wanted, I think.
I know why the resale value on these vehicles is so amazingly high! They are also the darlings of the trade show circuit, able to haul whatever is needed, and still nimbly navigate among trade show inside spaces.

Love my Ex
By stovetop

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it because my family outgrew the ext cab 150, many, many trips from IL to PA and many parts in between.
Wouldnt trade it for anything and now have a 6" lift with 35's on it, but its no longer my daily driver.
It has the 4.30 rear end in it, so I never got better than 11 on the highway, now I only get 10, but it pulls anything I put behind it.
She has 190K on the clock, and paid for so Im keeping this until the wheels fall off, put em back on and keep driving it.
When the V-10 gives up, Im doing the 7.3L swap....

comfort, range and power

Best vehicle I have owned
By kentwilkens

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

over 250k kilometers and counting. Rock solid vehicle. Needs maintenance like any other, brakes, etc. Seats are still almost as good as new, leather. Recommend getting JBL shorty headers to replace the stock manifolds, which will eventually blow off the bolts. Gives 30% hp increase over stock. Better mileage with the headers, on the highway that is, in the city, you just get there a bit quicker. 2016 update. Still have the beast. Still running strong. Initial plan was to have it for 10 years. Now at 16 years, think I will keep it for 25 years or so. Such a versatile vehicle. At 18 years now, no change in status, rock solid.