Used 2000 Ford Escort Coupe Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Escort Coupe

ZX2 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (58 reviews )

My Escort ZX2
By Nick Linehan

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I bought my car with the intention of taking it to race tracks. considering it will do 125 stock... me and my buddies tinkered with it a lil bit... it runs great... gets excellent gas mileage and gets me where i need to go... fast... if anybody is thinking of buying one... its the car id recomend

5 Speed, Good heater, and the power of the engine for being so small...

Better timing belt...Brighter headlights...and easier to hook up a speaker system...

Meh
By bawbi

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

This was my second car bought for me for my 17th birthday. It had 8 miles on it, i loved how peppy it was and it was fun to drive, but not very well built. I honked the horn after owning it a few months, and it stuck, the horn wouldn't stop honking i had to pull the fuse out. I kept getting flat tires every few months on the back passenger side and the interior shook SOOOO badly when idle especially when the AC was running. it was actually really embarrassing to have ppl ride with me they thought the car was about to explode!

Easy to drive and maneuver.

Stop the shaking!! indash cd player!

Love it....Still have it, only
By Cobbstone

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I am 66 Years old, and bought it new in the Fall of 1999...Only has 28,000 miles to date.....Still smells new...Only problem ,I let my Battery acid leak down on some of the cables I corrected that, but have to use the Emergecy release to get it out of part, when I drive, and from reading some others,,,I think I should have my tie Rods checked.

Only changed the oil in almost 10 years of Ownership..Air Filter Still Clean.

Built a CD up front, and not in the trunk.......Side Mirrors too small for me.

Good So Far
By dubyaw

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

My father just bought this car for me a few weeks ago and it's been great.Granted I am used to a 1990 Eclipse an even smaller two door coupe. Being 6'5 this car seats me very comfortably and has plenty of space for being a compact.This car has 48,000 on it and has had a tran rebuild, replaced Fr Dr side tie rod, and been very well maintained by previous owner. This car is great on gas, around 100 miles and still a bit over half a tank left. The engine packs a punch when needed but this being my first nice car I baby her. Fun car to just cruise in, comfortable ride, good sound quality, and for a powerful little 4 banger it's pretty quiet.

Power Style Ride Audio Comfort MPG Machine

Heard of many tranny problems w car, new timing belt and tensioner, tie rods seem to fail, cracks near headlights cause condensation in headlight (happens a lot w fords this car and my sister's) RIDICULOUS SMALL SIDE VIEW MIRRORS!!

Powerful little car
By KcoonZX2

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I bought my ZX2 about a year ago. It had damage when I bought it and the previous owner was careless about maintaining the vehicle so I had to put some money into it. After putting in a new transmission and new clutch at 130,000 miles I have not had a single problem with the Ford Escort. I deliver pizza and put about 300-400 miles a week on my Escort.(The big trunk helps!) I haven't had to do anything mechanical after fixing the previous owners problems.

Interior is nice. 5 speed, great power for a small, light car! Lots of trunk space. Easy to keep clean. Chrome alloy rims!

Limited rearview vision. Water leaks in when you use your wipers with the window down. Hard to get in and out of if you're tall. Clutch/tranny die at arouind 130,000. Speakers/sound system is pretty poor also. (I would suggest going to Wal- Mart and buying a couple of rear speakers.)