Used 1998 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Ford Escort

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

1998 Ford Escort
By 1998 Ford Escort

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

Very Reliable vehicle. Great gas mileage 40 HWY miles. This vehicle was subjected to a MN winter- 30 days in a row of zero degrees. The car started EVERY morning without a problem. Vehicle is just now starting to show a little rust. Dependable, great gas mileage. feels solid when driving during a MN winter...

GREAT
By tink

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used 3 years ago i had to do very little mechanical work the major thing that went wrong was the timing jumped i am getting ready to buy a 2nd ford escort if that tells ya how much i loved this car my son(teenager) drives the one i bought 3 years ago and loves it i would reccommend this car it very realiable and trustworthy

a cd player and make it a lil more roomier on the inside

Excellent Small Wagon
By senior citizen

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Wagon

Bought this car new for my late wife. I've used it as an around-town car since she died. It's been a great small wagon for that purpose. Very dependable, good quality, minimal repairs, great gas mileage, still looks good and drives well. (I keep it garaged and regularly serviced at the Ford dealer.) I expect to keep it until I die or wreck it.

Economical, good handling, good utility (I usually keep the back seat folded down), good quality, minimum need for repairs (only replaced the starter and the interior blower motor in 50,000 miles).

Front seat cushions too short to give good thigh support on long trips (I'm 5'9"), road noise at freeway speeds.

Cheap, affordable, and great
By Nambow

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

I got this car after it had been sitting for 1-2 yrs. I had to replace the tires and tie rods. It drives good, and is a manual. I average anywhere from 31-35mpg. My car has 119k and shows no sign of giving up.

5 speed, good mpg

None, since they do not make it anymore.

What a good little car
By redgirl

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Bought car 11 months ago it now has 134,000 miles and I think with a new clutch. It will make it to 150,000. Only thing is it is beat up looking. The person who owned it last scratched it all up. So I am selling her. It took me to Gainseville, and Orlando. I live in Stuart and that's a hike. Again great little car

Stick shift