Used 1998 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

High milage, still goes and goes!
By randomramblings85

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I thought my ZX2 about 4 months ago, with over 300,000 miles on it. I am amazed at how very minimal upkeep it needs for the age and mileage. It does have a fuel pump issue which I will soon be able to get fixed reasonably cost efficiently. I hope to have this vehicle for as long as it's willing.

Sporty and Peppy for its class!
By Raymon

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I've had my ZX2 2.0 LT sport for 3 yrs in S.CA. Good mileage on (expensive) Regular Gas. I get around 300 miles a tankfull. It has 121,500 miles (I've put on 18,000)! Head gasket, timing belt, thermostat were replaced before I bought it. I'm my time with it the pulley broke off, and did a pin ball job in the engine compartment. I replaced the p steering hose, the water pump, belt and the pulley : Radio/CD player, tires and tune up too. It passed the trucks on the freeway under 42 rpm even up hill! Good acceleration for merging. Hugs road well. I love the Fog lights. A.C. Hosing seals needs replacement. Great Heater. Front Seat belts mount too far back, hard to reach. Auto Trans is ok. Car makes skweeling sound when at low speeds (off and on). Has road noise. My dog does not like it...oddly. Looks good and behaves. Easy to drive and park. I would have liked a moonroof. Don't use washer fluid with window open! Thinking of driving it back to South Jersey this summer. I would recommend owning one! Funny my first car was a '68 Falcon. I've come full circle. Basic Car and worth it.

Great car
By Randy

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

Parts are cheap compared to others

dependable
By dion

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

take care of it and it will last just sold mine today it had a 145,000 it will go another 30,000 I believe.never gave me a bit of problem

Great car
By J Kennedy

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Wagon

This car has never left me stranded. I love the reliability, performance and low maintenance. Even those who borrowed it for periods of time wanted to buy it from me because I fell in love with the car. Wish they were still made, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.