Used 1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Escort

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

My Pink Panther
By YanksPhish

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My family has owned this car since '97 and have had very few problems with it. We've had no major problems. The mileage is excellent, even after 11 years. I always get at least 22 mpg, and when I drive on the highway I get 35 mpg. For this class of car I can't think of anything that I don't like about the car. Everything is set up to be user friendly by the driver. Easily viewable gauges, plenty of trunk space. There's about twice as much trunk space as many other 2 door coupes. I've never been in an accident, so I don't know how the car handles in these situations (knock on wood).

Cruise control on an Escort is very nice on those long highway drives.

I think they've made a few since this car was released...well actually they stopped making this car...now the Focus.

This CAR
By Figlar-Barnes

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I just had this car worked on and a blown head gasket was feared to be the problem, but it was a pitted area in the head--which was fixed easily. This car has 205,000 miles on it (bought new) and has had minimal problems--if all of Ford vehicles were like this one, Ford would not be having a problem with its value and quality compared to its competitors like Toyota. It makes me laugh when I hear new vehicle advertisements bragging about great gas mileage (28-32 miles to a gallon highway). This car consistently gets 37 to 42 miles per gallon highway. Imagine that, the car is 10 years old!

Gas mileage and dependability.

Great 1st or 2nd car
By Great 1st or 2nd car

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This is a great economy car that will give you very little problems. In the 2 years that I have owned the car I have driven it from 100,000 to 155,000 miles with no problems at all besides routine maintenance like oil change, new tires and battery. The car will last a long time. For the price and the fact that this is an economy car it is perfect.

Gas mileage, great handling, good speed for size of car. With care it will last a long time.

I would say power but come on people this is a economy car; if you want power get a SUV, there's plenty of cars with power out there.

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Kenneth Havens

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought this car new. At 105,000 miles I had to replace the front brake pads. At 80,000 I replaced the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, and idler pulley. Other than regular maintenance, I've spent almost nothing on this car in almost 11 years. The last long trip taken in this car was with 4 adults, and luggage, and a dog. It got an average of 35 mpg@ 70 mph all day long.

Reliability.

Road noise suppression.

It's fast and a joy to ride
By Anton

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Escort GT (manual transmission). Love the suspension which is pretty stiff. Also, when purchasing an old GT, look out for engine mounts, transmission mounts, and front and back shock mounts. They tend to go bad and for a better ride you might need to change them. Engine is perfect, Just so you know this is a Mazda engine and '92-'97 Mazda Miata has the same engine. It is noisy, but if you open the window at slow speeds you could hear the stock exhaust. Good bang for a buck. The ONLY used Escort worth considering buying is the GT with a manual tranny.