Used 1992 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

1992 Ford Escort GT
By Derek

1992 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I purchased a Cayman Green 1992 Ford Escort GT in December of 1991. I was in the Navy and stationed in Jacksonville, FL, I'd just returned from Desert Storm/Shield/Provide Comfort and immediately went to Mike Shad Ford on Blanding Blvd. My salesman had shown me several cars that weren't to my liking. Then a truck loaded with cars pulled up, and there it was. I said that I take it without taking it for a test ride. This was my first car and it never let me down. I drove it from Florida to Arkansas, three days later for Christmas. I'd make at least 5 more trips like this in that car. It's the most memorable car that I've ever owned.

Reliable & Not Expensive
By Tom Hendley

1992 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car as a second car to use on my private investigation job. I have driven it all over NJ and am now in NC. I only intended to get a year or so out of it, since it had 94K on it when I bought it in 2002. Now 6 years latter I still have it. It has hardly cost me anything since I bought it. A/C, everything works great. Getting 25 mpg around town and 30 on hwy. I would like something newer, but can't get rid of this car. Best $1,100 ever spent getting it.

Able to carry almost anything in the cargo area. Fuel economy.

Headlights, lenses get all fogged up.

Best Ford ever
By 1992 escort

1992 Ford Escort LX-E 4dr Sedan

I had a 2004 F-150 and a 2004 Mustang Cobra, yet the Escort is my favorite. It's the best 4 cylinder. I have the 1.8 dohc with performance mods. It runs good. I wish Ford made more vehicles like that.

Gas economy, very reliable. As much as fun as a Mustang. Very light weight. Tune up takes less than a hour

None, it's perfect

Very good first car
By that guy

1992 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

This car was a gift from my parents as a first car. The car is great. It gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive. For being only a 2-door the back seats are still roomy and I was able to fit my friends who are over 6 feet tall in it. But it's a good car and recommend it to first drivers because it's safe.

My favorite feature is that the gas tank can't be accesed unless I pull the lever. It really stinks to get ypur gas siphoned.

The only thing i would really change is the radio because it only plays tapes

GT raves
By baks

1992 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

We bought this car with 115,000 miles for my husband. Works road construction and has the car has approximately 387,000 or 487,000 miles; he can't remember if he flipped it two or three times so far. We have only replace the alternator once, and a hose. Wonderful car, and fun to drive. Has some good get up and go!

The fast pick up, and excellent gas mileage.

Parts shouldn't be so hard to find, and expensive.