Used 2016 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Love it. Seriously.
By BD

2016 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2-of-the-3 kids are out on their own (so we don't need a huge amount of cargo room for their 'stuff'), use it to commute 20 miles each way, Mon-Fri.... Need AWD for slippery driveway (it's on a hill), & the local roads only get plowed occasionally , & this thing is perfect (!) for that purpose. Way better traction in those situations than any of the other vehicles we've had (Silverado not 4x4, Impala fwd, Malibu fwd, Montana van, Town & Country van).... BTW, we also have an AWD Fusion & we Love that car too :) .... The Escape's MPG's are OK for an AWD SUV (23 combined).... This car has needed nothing except oil changes, a brake issue, & we upgraded the Tires. That's it (so far).... The size is right for us; We don't haul lumber in it(!) like a previous reviewer. It is perfect for bringing coolers to events, carrying over-night gear & duffel bags for short trips, hauling all manner of groceries, assisting our 3 kids as they "move" their residences here-there-and everywhere. In fact the only thing that hasn't 'fit' in it so far was my son's big ol' Futon/bed. But hey, this car wasn't built to haul furniture anyway :) .... We've driven it to visit our son in Tennessee a few times , & it's a fun car to drive on a longer trip like that.... In short, this car is PERFECT for us at this point in our lives. Maybe 10 years ago we needed more cargo room, & maybe 10 years from now who knows? When we are ready to trade the AWD Fusion, the plan is to get another AWD Escape :)

Watch your back
By Almost crushed

2016 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Twice now i have had the cargo door close on top of me when putting groceries in the back. I have the tow package and we used it once. We have a cargo box for camping. Noticed when we got back my shocks were bad.

Purchase Price Too High
By David

2016 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The purchase price after the lease expires is too high when compared to the blue book. I wish Ford were more flexible with the buy-back price upon turn-in.

Great seats
By LKK

2016 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this one because wife is very short, and complained about previous SUV that she couldn't see out. The Escape Titanium has full 10 way power on the passenger side, and she is delighted with the ride.

scape Fits the bill
By jv32119

2016 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

1st off - it wasn't a turbo - don't know why they didn't provide for 1.6L Ecoboost. Less room than my Grand Caravan, but managed to haul what I wanted it to haul (well, mostly). Wish Ford (and others) still had split rear hatches so you could leave bottom closed and leave top open so you could haul 8' lumber - like they had on my 2004 Santa Fe. Comfortable ride, Nice lines and appearance. Was an SE, but the electronics were adequate. WIll consider leasing another Escape when lease ends - albeit I want a few more options than cam on this one. Since I'm turning this in with less than 36,000 miles, someone is going to get a nice car when they buy it off lease.