Used 2014 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Lovin' My Escape!!!
By Tina Richardson

2014 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had my Escape for a few days. But I love it so far. It drives great!!! It gets great gas mileage. It's not to big and it's not to small. It does however have some noise and vibration from time to time on a rough roadway but nothing I can't handle. I'm hoping to get many years of use out of my escape and hopefully as few of repairs as possible!!

I like, but going for Focus instead
By James Van Damme

2014 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Why buy Escape when a Focus hatchback gets better gas mileage and is cheaper? I passed up C-Max on the same principle.

Water Leaking
By Robert

2014 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had vehicle for a little over 2 years now. Great acceleration and handling. Gas mileage not as advertised. Average 20 mpg city and 26 hwy. Only problem is the water leak on passenger side front. Both sides were leaking but dealer fixed drivers side. After two attempts by dealer to repair, passenger side still leaks. We are glad we leased and did not buy this vehicle.

This car has opened the road for us to travel.
By Billie Sugden

2014 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We recently purchased a Ford Escape 2014 from Seeley Ford and Kia on Stadium dr. Kalamazoo Mi. This car was a real God send for the price they allowed me to buy it for. We find this car easy to drive with a lot of bells and whistles. I enjoy the technological part and the comfort of the seats and ride. We took it on a road trip recently from Mattawan, Michigan to northern Michigan around Gaylord then up to the bridge and back home on less then $70 for gas. Living on a fixed income this will make it a more do-able thing for us to travel on a shoe string savings. My husband and I are both disabled with Fibromyalgia and find it hard to ride for a long period of time. We suffered very little discomfort or fatigue from riding up to Gaylord or back home.

2014 Ford Escape
By Frederick Eierman

2014 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have not had the car very long, but so far we are enjoying the purchase and have had no negative comments about this vehicle.27