Used 2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Me and My Escape - New to me
By Mr. JW Long

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car operates well. The only problem so far is the exterior noise when sitting next to the windows. Suspect better seals would minimize this road noise effect. Have had for only two weeks but really like the car.

Do not buy this car
By Stefany Morgan

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I inherited this car from my father who bought it brand new and it has been the biggest disappointment. My father hardly drove it the two years prior yet right after I took over the car, the warranty was over and the engine completely stopped working. I started getting Engine Fault errors and the car would shake and sort of stall while driving. Very scary! I took it into the dealership and the car was one week past warranty and they said it was wired incorrectly in the factory and would cost me close to $1,000 to repair. It is now approximately 3 months later and the EXACT same scenario is currently taking place. I have had the Engine Fault warning on my car all week and while I don't know the synopsis yet, it's currently at the dealer, I can guarantee it will be another major fix. Last time I called dealership supervisors and managers to try to get them to come down significantly in price since it was clearly a manufacturer error and they conveniently never were available or never called back. I called every day for a month. Needless to say I will be trading this car in and NEVER purchasing a Ford again.

2014 Ford Escape Titanium
By Susan M.

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only had this car for 1 week. So far, I'm loving it. I bought my car at Sarasota Ford. Steve Oliver was the Sales Associate. He was great in every way. Help me make a decision between two cars. Was happy for his assistance.

Not friendly with winter
By Austin Chappell

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall a good car for southern states & during summer months in the northeast. This is NOT a good car (FWD models) during winter months. Traction is atrocious with snow on the ground or during heavy rains. Too light of a vehicle.

Lovin' My Escape!!!
By Tina Richardson

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had my Escape for a few days. But I love it so far. It drives great!!! It gets great gas mileage. It's not to big and it's not to small. It does however have some noise and vibration from time to time on a rough roadway but nothing I can't handle. I'm hoping to get many years of use out of my escape and hopefully as few of repairs as possible!!