Used 2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Found On Road Dead!
By Laura Cope

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I worked for a Ford dealership for 12 years. Fell in love with them. We've owned Fords for 2 decades. Drove them until they died or passed them on to my daughter, which she drove until they died. Always well over 100,00 miles. We've always bought used because that's what we could afford. We've had a Mercury Villiager, Windstar, Escort and a Freestyle.
In November of 2012 we bought our first new Ford. We were so excited. A 2013 Escape Titanium package. It was a $35,000 after insentives and such.
On December 6th, 2016, after only 62000 miles, the transmission failed. Yes, just 62000 miles. Ford was quick to say our warranty was out at 60000 miles. They paid a lousy $1000 on the repair. We have over $800 in car rental because we had nothing else to drive for 18 days. So 2 days before Christmas, all my Christmas money went to pay for a 3 year old car's transmission. Don't even get me started how poorly Bob Boyd's Ford handle the issue.
I'm disgusted with the fact that Ford no longer backs their products. I'm disgusted that Ford would treat a faithful Ford owner and past employee the way they have treated us. Worse yet, the dealership, Bob Boyd, did not go to bat for us. When we moved here, Bob Boyd is where we brought our Free Style for service, oil changes and recalls. We then purchased the Escape from them. We had our oil changes and even some body repair work done at their dealership. I guess we were just not important enough. The fact they sold us a $35000 vehicle that is garbage before it's paid off means nothing.
Well, needless to say, we will be trading this car in. Not sure for what, but I will never own another Ford or Ford owned vehicle again.
So just a warning, Ford will not back their products and Bob Boyd does not back their customers. Go out and get yourself a Honda.

Escape Recalls by Buying Different SUV
By GPS65

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This vehicle has had recall after recall. Each repair has led to another issue. Recalls not fixed in timely manner due to no loaner vehicles available which led to more issues. Ford admits to being at fault via customer service line but can't "make" dealership do the right thing. No more Fords for me.

Escape gets you there, but just not all your stuff
By Loralee Holiman

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a nice little car; but having down-sized from a 7-passenger van, we missed the cargo room. If you plan to move furniture, kayaks, or large pieces of lumber, consider the next size up. Other than that, this SUV will get you there reliably and in comfort at an affordable price.

Should've heeded the reviews.............
By Barbara

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my first Ford ever in May 2016. I fell in love with the looks of the 2013 Escape and against many warnings, I decided it was time to trade in my 2005 Lexus RX 330. I'd like to say first that I do really like the car. It's comfortable, love the electronics and handling and it's fun to drive. After about a month of owning the Escape, I noticed it making a high pitched whining noise when accelerating. I also noticed that when I put the gear in reverse, it banged roughly into reverse, which I know cannot be normal. I brought it to the Ford Dealer and luckily I have the extended warranty. They state it's the transmission and that in order to fix the noise, they'd need to take apart the transmission, which would be a few days holding it. Ford paid for me to have a rental, but to be honest, I really would rather drive the car I purchased. As far as the reverse gear issue, they haven't mentioned what they will do. I am disappointed with Ford. I cannot believe that I am now one of those people sitting here, writing a negative review on a vehicle I just purchased and will be stuck with for a long time. What scares me is that whenever they "fix" one problem, it usually leads to another. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is my last and only major issue. Call me naive.

Escape!!
By Catherine

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really love this car. It has little issues like sometimes the Sync wouldn't work or the low tire pressure light would go on for no reason. The hands free liftgate is really just a gimmick, doesn't work unless you have the keys really close to the car. Its not luxury but it is a great car.