Used 2013 Ford Escape Titanium Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Escape!!
By Catherine

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really love this car. It has little issues like sometimes the Sync wouldn't work or the low tire pressure light would go on for no reason. The hands free liftgate is really just a gimmick, doesn't work unless you have the keys really close to the car. Its not luxury but it is a great car.

Do not buy the Titanium model
By Scott

3 transmissions
Both winshield motors burnt out
Turbo seal went out
Exhaust in cabin
Special tires for Titanium model expensive
Front Tie rods and sway bar replaced

SE 2.0 4WD First American car in a decade
By Doug Williams

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded my '06 Infiniti G35 for this as I wanted 4wd. Previous AWD vehicle was an '05 Honda Pilot. I took this for a test drive on a whim. Local dealer had it on the lot for over 90 days and wanted to move it. I was VERY impressed with the acceleration of the 2.0T and the purported gas mileage. I also drove a model with the 1.6T for comparison. I could not tell much difference as far as city driving goes. I suspect it would be most noticeable at highway speeds in hilly or mountainous country. 2.5 months in here are my thoughts:
• 4WD works flawlessly in sand. Took it onto the south end of Amelia Island and drove around the point through over 1/4 mile of DEEP powder. I avoided the big trucks ruts as much as possible, but it made it through with no issues.
• Interior Controls: Odd but functional. There should be a USB port somewhere on the dash with all the people that use their phone for navigation and the way GPS sucks battery.
• Noise: Sound insulation / Road noise - very poor. Lots of wind and road noise even at low speed.
• Fuel Economy: Well below rated EPA. I drive 11 miles to work door to door. 2.5 miles of it is 55mph, the rest is 45 and under. I baby the pedal 90% of the time and reset my fuel calibration every tank. I get 22.8mpg consistently overall. On a recent trip to NC I only saw 28.5mpg while at around 75mph. If I pushed the speed up to 80+ MPG went down. The trip was 425 each way. I averaged 26.5 for the trip.

Overall - I still really like it. Can pack all my fishing or outdoors gear and drive through whatever to get where I want to go, road or not.

Satisfied customer
By Steve

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased a new Escape (August 2013) after owning a previous model for 10 years (~130,000 miles, engine gave out after teenage son drove in spite of loss of radiator fluid due to a punctured hose). The newer model is more comfortable and quieter. The car is very peppy and fun to drive (2.0 L engine). We get much better mpg on the highway in the new car (26 - 30) than in the older car (20 - 22; 3.5 L V6), but city mpg is not so good in the new car (~15 mpg). We have had no mechanical problems (23,000 miles; 2.5 years) and the few recall notices have been taken care of when getting an oil change (yes, the dealer is more expensive than the local oil change joint, but after factoring in convenience and a courtesy vacuum and car wash, it is not too terribly expensive - we like our dealer, one of the reasons we buy Fords). Handles fantastic in the snow (this weekend had 8-10 inches). Rear visibility is not great because of the small slanted back windows, but I noticed this in almost all the new small cross-over SUVs that I test drove (in fact one must look carefully to tell the exterior difference between an Escape and a RAV4). We have been pleased with the cargo capacity when the rear seats are down (it is not like the Expedition, but for a small SUV, it is very roomy). We are not much into the SYNC technology, but have had no troubles (although I still find it jarring when the radio is interrupted by an incoming call - but then I don't like to talk on the phone when I drive, hands free or not). The radio controls are a little complicated, but once we figured out the items we like to change, it is not so bad. Although the car is not perfect (I have never owned one that was), I am more than pleased with the purchased and would consider buying another when this one gives out (assuming it also makes it to over 100,000 miles).

The Worst Vehicle Ever, Glad I Escaped from Escape
By Jim J

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Oil Burning Odor being drawn into the cabin from the engine compartment, FORD NEVER figured out the problem. Hood seal was bad and something was letting off a burning oil smell, smoke under the hood. Transmission Failed and was rebuilt, rear differential was rebuilt. All of this happened before 3 years 36,000 miles.
Safety restraint computer needed to be replaced under recall... It took Ford almost a year from announcing the recall to actually have the part available. FORD Seems to put their sales before taking care of their current customers... They got your money, now you don't matter to them... What happened to Ford Quality... I Bought a Toyota to replace the Escape...I Escaped!!!