Used 2011 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Wathc out for Passes
By Jmill

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my Escape. I have never been so attached to a vehicle. That said, I have to get rid of it. I am currently replacing my engine for the second time. I get a misfire in a cylinder, and sure enough it trashed the engine. In talking with the tech, he believes it is due to my commute. I travel 120 miles each day to work, going over 3 passes. He figures the 4 cylinder engine, which is the same as in the Ford Fusion, just couldn't handle it. Even with all that, I still love this SUV. I always joked when I had to take the battery cable off to reset the SYNC system that since it was Microsoft I needed to reboot

1 Thing in Common with 2012 & earlier Ford Escape
By Sue

2011 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I want a pre-owned mid sized SUV and the Ford Escape came highly recommended. I don't like the look of the newer midsize SUVs or crossovers or hatchbacks. I prefer the more boxy look. I've done test drives & love the Escapes. Don't want a car. Mid size, older SUV is perfect for me. Have gone to dealerships and looked and have stopped to look at Escapes in parking lots or parked on streets. Out of about 18 Escapes 2012 and earlier I looked at or test drove, all but 2 had 1 major problem in common----premature RUST! I was soooooo disappointed. I had my heart set on the 2012 or older Escape. There should not be so much rust consistently on a vehicle only 6 years old. My 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee (19 yrs old) is just now showing rust and that was my fault. I don't want to get a used vehicle starting out with a problem that will quickly get worse. Now I have to start my search again with other particular makes already eliminated. When I think about it, we've had a Ford F-150 and a F-250 and both rusted prematurely and once it started, very quickly. Without the rust problem I'd buy the right Escape in a heartbeat.

Unreliable
By Nicholas stinson

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car was amazing at first I loved it but the more I use it the worst it gets, 120000 miles and the ac has gone out twice now and this time it is a compressor, the seat belts don’t work at all they don’t even retract and the driver seat has already ripped. The Bluetooth half the time doesn’t even work and the highest package stereo is horrible the speakers pop at low volume due to not getting enough power out of head unit and amp. The stereo also doesn’t get any louder when you turn it past 4/6ths the volume after that it is pointless. Also things rattle inside the doors non stop from the radio and also from outside rough roads.

Rust
By GPM

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I like to buy a new car and keep it for a long time. I like to wash and wax and keep the car clean. My 2011 Ford Escape has been disappointing. The paint blistered at the rear wheel wells and there is rust. I have not seen this on any of the other Ford or competitive cars I have owning. I will be very reluctant to buy another Ford.

grand escape
By Harold Anderson

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Fords reliability and technology is far superior. Sometimes parts fail but shouldn't give a bad name. Ford is truly American. Did not go for a bailout but survived on it's own. My 2011 Escape is Great! So was my 1951 Custom, my 1967 Fairlane 4DR Hardtop and others.