Used 2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

12345...9

I love my 2nd gen escape

Brian, 05/27/2016
XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It's my favorite car I've ever owned. 7 years and 150000 miles in it still looks and runs great. (Shame on Ford for making the 3rd Gen a bloated teeny bopper hatch back instead of a proper suv like this one.)

Help Please

nmcrae, 12/15/2010

After 6000 miles I say this is a very good vehicle. Good visibility, easy driving, satisfactory fuel economy. Just one aggravating problem: too little heat from the floor vent. In this northern climate, good heating is important; upper vents work fine, feet are blocks of ice.

The best Compact SUV on the road today!

Brian, 10/03/2015
XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2010 Ford Escape was my first choice when I bought this car, two months ago. I bought the Ford Escape XLT I4 Four cylinder and opted with it instead of the V6 because when I drove a 2015 Ford Escape, which I really like, with a V6, I felt it was too racey and punchy for city driving between lights. In fact I found myself having to pass alot of drivers because it was just too fast. But if you want a more punchy version of the I4, the Escape has the V6 which is sure to please. I bought the I4 at a large car dealership. I was offered 5 year warranty on top of an addditional 1 year dealer warranty. If you go to buy a Ford Escape, try a large car dealership, because, they can and will work with you to get you a sweet deal. So I have been driving my new/used Ford Escape for two months. So far, the car is absolutely perfect. It handles turns with ease. No more will I or any other Ford Escape driver have to fear turning too wide, when driving down a particularly narrow road. The car handles sublimly. In the rain, the Ford Escape has few peers. With careful driving, it handles perfectly. The Ford Escape comes with rear window windsheild wiper, which I use every time it rains. There are no mechanism failrues ever on the rear or front windsheild. The car has occasional vibrations at high speed on the highway. But those are usually only audible when the back window are open. The XLT package comes with automatic rear and front window controls. Use those when driving on highways to raise the window shut. The vibrations disappear instantly. The Ford Escape has better milage that is usually reported in consumer reports. The high numbers are 34 Highway, 30 City. But look for them being more like 36 Highway, and 32 city. I drive every day usually to do errands, to get lunch or dinner. The 2010 Ford Escape uses very little gas, and is a gas sipper. It will suprise you how little gas it uses. You might have to fill the car twice a month when using it to and from school for the kids, to get groceries, to run errands, to go to dinner. I haven't taken my new used Ford Escape on a long road trip yet, but I am sure it will be one of the most enjoyable road trips ever. I highly recommend buying the Ford Escape. The Ford Escape is AAAA+ in reliablility, handling, engine, interior, entertainment. The Ford Escape is one of the best made cars in the US auto market today.

wish i never bought one :(

usedtobeford, 04/09/2014

purchased new in 2010. Brake issues at 40,000 km cost me $1000. Had to replace hatch latch as door wouldnt open $420. Now have hard shifts, clunking underneath. Brakes shot again. Dealer wants to replace lower control arms as well, says cant advise if transmission problems until control arms are changed. Grand total of $1600+ Tax. For real!? might have to trade it in for a real car... guess I'm going to hyundai for a santa fe

Hero to Zero

Felicia, 03/20/2018
XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Escape brand new. Loved the interior space, the way the rear seats fold total flat with no gaps between the fold when seats are down against the front seats. The controls and gadgets are aesthetically pleasing and well thought out. It's been so much fun driving it and done countless moves with it and we're always impressed with how much it can store. However, in 2014, we started having issues that are not everyday maintenance. I have since replaced the entire air conditioning system because of the filter bag inside the AC dryer burst causing a total clog of parts. No recall and when I spoke with Ford, they said that they would have to run a full diagnostic on it to know what the problem is. I had done my research and knew what the problem was. They informed me that they couldn't just check what I thought was wrong and would charge me to start from square one until they discovered the problem. I took it to a small mechanic who upon checking the suspected issue, found total clogs. I was right, imagine that. After that, my brake pedal went "soft" AKA FAILED while driving. Sometimes it worked well and other times I could stomp on the pedal with little to no stopping. Took some researching and we replaced the brake pads, rotors and master cylinder. Now I'm dealing with "Power Steering Assist Fault." My power steering is gone and the wheel is locked up. My car is currently un-driveable. When I called the actual Ford company, they told me that my care doesn't qualify for the recall 14S05 "Steering Torque Sensor." They suggested that I take it into my local dealership, pay for the full diagnostics and repair, keep my receipts and pray that my VIN eventually falls under a recall. I can't afford to throw money at Ford so they can apply the KISS method when I know what's wrong. So we're going to the small town mechanic and hopefully they can fix it. I don't believe in Ford, the company, the product, or the people who are supposedly there to stand behind the product. I try to support American made but then they have customer service that is obviously foreign and difficult to understand. My family believed in Ford for decades and has even worked for them but I will NEVER waste my money on their product again!

12345...9