Used 2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Excellent
By Andre Levesque

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My first American car. I had 3 SUVs : Toyota 4 runner and 2 Honda cr-v. My escape is the most fun to drive. Very solid. Great on gas. I love it. I like the "truck" look. I hope Ford will keep the trick look in coming years. I hate SUVs looking like a car on high heels. Bravo Ford.

Solid, feel like driving a truck.

Nothing

Very Happy
By R. Johnsen

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Replaced my RAV4 with a 6 cyl Escape. To date, Hwy mileage = 25.6 mpg, City driving = just over 20 mpg. No strange noises like some others have experienced and shifting is very smooth. Headlights are very powerful and handling and passing power are more than adequate. Did a 350 mile trip today and found the seats to be totally comfortable. All in all I'm very happy.

Radio and Sync are great! Good mileage

Rear seats don't fold down perfectly flat. I'd like adjustable lumbar supports.

So Far So Good
By sofarsogood

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my car for a year now and I have not had one problem with it. It drives great, handles amazing, and overall I am really happy with it. My dealership is really easy to deal with and I am really glad I bought this car. I never thought I would like an American car! But here I am a year later! couldn't be happier!

I love the style of the car. It is beautiful to look at. I have the steel blue color and I always get compliments on it! the sync is nice to have and keeps two hands on the wheel.

I wish sync could read my texts for me. it cant on all types of phones. I also wish the sound quality on sync was better for people on the other end of my phone calls.

Bad glass
By Tim

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My new Escape has stained and scratched glass. Neither the dealership nor Ford Motor Company will do anything to assist me in fixing the problem.

Rear Main Seal Leak
By Robin

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really like the style of the vehicle and love the sync, however, the hard shifting of the 6 cylinder and the fact that I am currently majorly bummed that the vehicle started leaking oil with less than 8K miles on it and has now been in the shop for 4 days having the engine pulled to repair this is very disturbing. Based on 1st oil change and transmission recall experience, this just may be the beginning of an unhealthy vehicle relationship. I removed the passenger seat headrests because they were just in the way. I'm really kinda missing my Toyota right now.

Sync. Has a good heater. The gas pedal is ergonomically comfortable for a person with small feet!

Can't have just the front window down without cracking the back ones because of the 'reverb' affect in the passenger cab. I've found random screws in the floorboard of the front passenger compartment, from what?