Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Fantastic All-around
By morikowulf

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my 2010 Ford Escape used, with just over 41,000 miles as a company vehicle. Aside from being well taken car of it's a good looking car, it has taken a few day long trips now over some of the mountain roads in Colorado, and I have even taken it on some 4x4 sport trails. The handling is great, and the ride is quite comfortable. The gas mileage is great, and the car is actually more compact than my friends Outback. This is a great vehicle overall, and a blast to drive!

The nylon fiber seating is fantastic, I have a husky/Shepherd mix, and the fabric is very easy to clean, the fur wipes off with no effort. Audio-in, I have been looking for a car that allows me to plug in my Droid for music, I don't like all of the iPod exclusive junk, it's already outdated.

The cargo area could use a little more space for a dog barrier, the lean on the seats takes away space from some of the fuller ones. For off-road this vehicle could use more clearance, it has enough to go on many jeep trails that you might find in the mountains. A better standard sound system, better than 4 speaker at least.

Excellent
By wboese

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new in November of 2009.
It currently has 38,000 miles and has been on several cross country road trips.
Friends are always impressed with sync and with the power that comes from the v6 engine.
The 6-speed transmission really gives it a great boost in fuel economy. 22 city, 28 highway and I don't drive like I want to take forever to get where I'm going.
Absolutely no problems with the car, and the fact that it hits the high rpms in a very short time is a big seller since it gives the car a great amount of power increase.
Quiet on the road and no noise from the transmission or engine like some others have reported.
No leaking on the passenger side either.
Great car!

Sync w/ Voice Commands The Power of the Engine Great Fuel Economy Luxury of the Interior The Look of the Body The Computer Controlled Throttle

Absolutely None!

Another Problem
By jrgleason2003

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So I posted earlier about the cylinder heads needing to be replaced. That took 2 full weeks. After that, I noticed my engine was leaking oil. I took it to the Ford dealership and said it was a cracked something or other. Again, they fixed it for free, so no problem there, but dang...how about some quality control? I am starting not to trust this vehicle. This will be my last Ford (or domestic for that matter). I wouldn't run from the car if given the opportunity, but definitely get it checked out by a mechanic before you purchase (I failed to do so and am seeing my mistake).

Synch is cool, leather is good. LOTS of head room

For the price point, the Limited V6 needs to have a standard backup camera, there are other vehicles that are thousands less and come with a camera like that. I would also prefer a touch screen for work all the entertainment stuff. Too many buttons to push over all.

In the Shop @ 21K w/V6
By jrgleason2003

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this used at 21K. Two days after the purchase, the check engine light comes on. I really didn't think that it was a big deal, but I had the time so I brought it to the dealer on Memorial Day (Leith Ford Wendell, NC). Turns out I needed new Cylinder Heads and a camshaft. Evidently this is a common problem. At 21K that is unacceptable. Luckily it was covered under warranty so I didn't pay a dime, but it has been 4 days now and still no car. Thankfully the dealership sprung for a loaner. We will see how it is when I get it back

The ride is really nice. My wife has a sportage and that feels too much like a car and it a rough ride. This rides more like a pickup truck IMO. The SYNC is cool, but would be better if I had the NAV system. Kia definitely has an easier user interface but SYNC can do a ton more.

Ford...you really need to get your engines right or work on some QC. When people stop trusting a vehicle, they will not buy a car of that brand again. I know vehicles break down, but not on such a low mileage.

Not As Good .......
By martin2010

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my 2004 Escape-129K+ and never a minutes trouble-easy to care for-I hate my 2010!
Love the sync & sirius-but hate the interior (dash, console)-no way to keep clean.
Also liked running boards on 2004. Can feel wind when driving-can not in 2004-not sure what changed-but would not do it again!

sync-sirius -these are available in alot of models-do not have to have Escape to get them!

redo interior and check why wind "grabs" vehicle-put running boards back