Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Stay Away!!!
By mountainleigh

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been a Toyota owner for years...and last year I bought an Escape.
I did not have too many problems with it until I went to get the tranmission flushed about 3 weeks ago.
The tranmission fluid was so black that the mechanic had to flush it twice costing me the price of 2 flushes.
Anyway, he told me that the transmission could go at any time and that I should just sell the vehicle if I didnt want to spend $4000 on a new one.
This is a 2010 with 75,000 miles on it!
Needless to say, I traded it in this weekend for a Toyota Tacoma.
I will NEVER buy another Ford again.

Fed Up with Ford
By calguy1

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Ford in 5 years and my 4th transmission.
I had a Ford Fusion that had a transmission fail 1,500 miles past warranty and was stuck 250 miles from home.
Ended up working a deal with a Ford dealer in Los Banos and bought a 2010 Ford Escape with 38k miles.
3 months later the transmission failed.
Got a new tranny from factory (no cost) and now a yr later it has failed again.
Dealer looked up history and learned this will be the car's 4th transmission.
There seems to be a lot of forums and posts about how bad Ford's transmissions are.
Car is no good if the transmission doesn't work.
Wish I limped into a Chevy or Honda dealer down in Los Banos.

Like I said in the review, can't find any favorite features when the transmission doesn't work.

Seems like Ford has forgotten how to build quality cars. Maybe they should go to some of their competitors and learn how to build a quality product.

Throttle body
By gofish5998

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Two weeks ago my wife bought an 2010 Escape with 39000 miles. The sensor on the throttle body went bad & left my wife setting along the road. The guy at the Ford garage said he had replaced five of them in the last two weeks & there probably won't be a recall. None of the Escapes had over 44,000 miles on them. Lucky she bought it from a local car lot & he took care of it.

gas mileage, small but big enough, lots of power, love the sinc, bright light inside when you unlock it

recall the throttle body

comments on 2010 escape
By jjpal

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

i have had one issue with the car fuel gage kept changing finally called ford had to replace the instrument cluster i have had tthe transmision do a hard shift three times been asking the dealer about no satisfactory answer from them

frustrated
By dontdoit1

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased my 3rd ford (2nd escape). what a mistake - no probs 1st 6mos, then recall on transmission - now neutraling out - dealer fought me on fixing it - had to go to ford corporate, said they fixed it, still having issues, will not fix it...have water leaks AND the hitch handle lining continues to come out and has been fixed twice...feel like i have been taken advantage of and wish i could get rid it - sucks...don't buy it...with the lack of help from ford, i doubt i will ever buy another. if customer service and service was better, they would may be a ray of hope that i might buy ford again.
you lost my biz and many of my friends/family as well.

synch - sunroof

stop having transmission neutral out fix water leaks fix rear hatch handle issues better customer relations