Used 2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

My 2010 escape caught on fire
By chris davis

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2010 ford escape and owned it for six months. We tried to start it and it caught on fire. The escape was a total loss. We liked it before it caught on fire. The dealer did a great job of getting us a car to drive in the meantime. Ford is who I am upset with. They did nothing for us. We lost about $4,000 on the fire. Ford gave us nothing and did nothing to keep us as a customer. I have been loyal to ford but I understand now that ford has no loyalty to its customers. Beware of engine fires in the 2010. It was a scary thing having your new car catch on fire. My wife still wakes up at night. There is no recalls on the ford for electrical fires. Beware

Fix the electrical problem and do something for customers that who's escape catches on fire.

Fun to Drive
By Dawn

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I used to drive a small sports car, but I decided I wanted something bigger, but not too big that I could handle. The Ford Escape Limited was the smallest Ford SUV. I was really surprised at how easy it is to handle. The ride is smooth. The interior looks awesome. I have the leather trim, sunroof and premium stereo. I've gone on two long trips in it and the ride was very comfortable. The gas mileage is okay. I have a V6 so I expect it to be along the same lines of any other SUV. I have the capless gas tank, a major plus. Everything in the interior is situated for comfort. I had to take it back to the dealer to fix a recall item, but problems otherwise.

Power, SYNC, heated seats, sport trim, cargo space, tinted windows, wide arm rest, premium stereo, overall interior display.

Glove box could be bigger but otherwise I think Ford got it right.

excellent car for money
By mike

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this for our daughter, although it is 4 cyl there is plenty of pep. Everyone prefers driving this over the other cars. Seats are great sync system is amazing. mileage is 22 city. surprising amount of leg room. looked at several others like rav4 and Honda but they were not even close. very happy.

sync, mirrors, seats

lumbar supports

summer time suv
By JACK

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great summer time SUV. Great city miles. When snow is on the ground this 4 cyl, fwd is bad news. It slides. You cannot go down any small grades when snow is on the ground. The tires glaze and you do not stop. I took pictures of the glazed tires. After the roads are plowed it is not bad. Too light in the front rotten traction. Will trade for an awd.

the sync system, steering wheel controls.

make the front end heavier for better traction or try a different tire with better treads

Not Impressed
By The Dawg

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I did not buy this vehicle, but did rent one for two weeks. Vehicle had approximately 13K miles. Ran the air conditioner most of the time and MPG was terrible. 15 - 17 MPG at the most. Interior design of seats makes it difficult to see left and right when changing lanes. Back seat headrests are high and obstruct view out the back. Seating for five adults was adequate.

Sound system was above average.

None.