Used 2009 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Scratched Glass
By Mike and Debbi

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2009 Ford Escape,Escape Owners 08/09 help us out! This is the second Ford Escape we have purchased. New 2001 and less than a year ago 2009.(We love the Escape) The issue is the Belt Mouldings have captured sand/fine grit and has scratched the rear passenger windows. More noticeable due to heavey tint,and now on the front drivers glass and passenger. 2001 Ford Escape never this issue.The 09 is getting worse.The Ford Dealer stocks his inventory on a Boat Yard on Quincy Bay near Boston Harbor. The service department will not help us out to fix this problem,stating it's our fault.We do not live next to a gravel pit,nor do we drive this vehicle on the Beach.Ford Reps will not acknowledge.

All features except for issues with glass scratching!

Ford district and field representatives will not contact us.Quirk Ford Service will not repair concerned issue.

great !
By patti

2009 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my ford escape. I upgraded it by adding a billet grill and chrome door handles. People remark on it all the time. I absolutely love the sync and ambient lighting. I would recommend to anyone looking for a smaller suv. Love it, love it !

Sync and ambient lighting

Wind Noise
By lORNE D ALEXANDER

2009 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my escape except for the wind noise on the highway that seems to come from the rear hatch door. It is sealed well but the gap on the exterior between the body and the door frame is very wide with no weather stripping. They must not have put this vehicle in the wind tunnel at the factory. Great vehicle except for this but it is very annoying on the highway.

sync, handling, steering, comfortable driving position, fuel mileage, power, warms up really quickly.

Have to do something about the wind noise on the highway and engine/drivetrain noise when taking off.

2009 Sangri Ford Escape AWD V6
By Bjc

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased vehicle used with 14000 miles. Traded in 06 Nissan Maxima. Overall vehicle is good, but have developed noise in drive train that sounds like metal on metal when accelerating after owning for 200 miles. Dealer says normal. Have contacted Ford Motor for confirmation, will post update once I hear from Ford.

Sync, Leather, Moon Roof, height

Drive Train noise

Nice to drive but.....
By vtxrider

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The vehicle has massive blind spots behind the driver and on the passenger side and miniscule rear window. They have very thoughtfully placed the spare tire under the SUV but then put the jack under the cargo area in the. WTF were they thinking. Also there is no gas cap. There is no way to lock the gas cap as there is not one. I brought this up as I lost most of a tank of gas in a Savannah, GA parking garage because of this. The cargo carrier on top is almost useless. With the height of the vehicle and the placement of the doors it makes tying something on unpleasant to say the least. Road noise is high. I have the Sync package and people can hear it through the phone.

Sync. I love playing audio books with it. Next is the lay flat rear seats. Several times I have used this feature. You are left with the problem of where to put the rear seat head rests. So just took them out permanently and left them at home in the basement.

No locking gas cap. Useless and badly designed cargo rack. Poor design features. Road noise. Jack placement. Jack point placement under the vehicle. Last and most dangerous the huge blind spots.