Used 2009 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Bad start with Ford
By YB

2009 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first Ford vehicle I buy and I am very disappointed with the build quality. First 2 weeks and there is already a welding spot inside the left rear end that <cracked> causing a constant ratlle sound upon departure. The dealer fixed it but it left me with a very sour taste about Ford quality. Especially because I had driven only in city roads and not off-road. Now I noticed the <hoot> sound that many forums people have experienced. I really wonder what is next...

Everything (I got the Limited 4CYL AWD) . Very nice interior and functionalities.

Leather seats could have a better quality. The leather looks a bit ,

Beware -Think...Read before your buy
By BEWARE

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have problem after problem with the SUV. Really thinking about public transportation. Clicking in the wheels, shifting is horrible, transmission seal leaked and this is in the first 3 months of me own the vehicle. The good reviews must be from the dealerships. Think and research before you make this purchase.

To tell you the truth the only thing I like about this SUV is the bluetooth.

My Rolling Stones Escape purchase
By dave524

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It's not exactly what I wanted, but the more I drive it the more I think it's what I need. I wanted a Ford Edge but the price wasn't right. So I test drove the Escape and looked at the mpg rating and figured it might be what I need. It's fun to drive, almost like a car. It's real nimble. The acceleration isn't that great but once the 6 speed auto transmission gets you up to 40 mph, it takes off. But the main thing for me is the fuel economy. My last truck was a gas guzzler, so it's nice to not have to pay frequent visits to the gas station. The true test will be seeing how it deals with Chicago winters.

Fuel Economy Nimble Steering Nice Sound System

Any improvements will jack up the price.

Surprised
By Steven

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am very surprised with the performance and ride of this little SUV. I wanted something that would get better gas mileage than my full size pickup for every day driving and I am very please with this little gem. The average gas mileage has been better than projected and it is fun to drive. The SYNC system is a fantastic added bonus. My only negative is I'm not a fan of the cloth seats. Wish I would have gotten the leather interior. The front seat room is great. The back seat is best left for little people if the front seat driver is taller. The cargo room is surprisingly large. If I could offer one improvement to Ford it would be to move the back seat back and add some leg room.

SYNC, Moon & Tune, handling.

More back seat leg room. Softer seating and softer cloth interior.

FUN FORD!!
By dylandaughter

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My first Ford was a 2004 Ford Focus ZX3, and I loved it! I wanted to go in and get the Focus Zx4 with leather seats and Microsoft-sync technology-but alas no hatchbacks.I am outdoorsy with a big dog,and a consummate environmentalist, so an SUV never seemed like something I would let myself have. However this SUV gets nearly 30 miles to the gallon (less with the kayaks on top) but with all the room and the good gas mileage I gave it whirl. It was fun. As soon as I got used to the narrow wheel base --it was a lot of fun! I love it, I love it, I love It. Its comfy, practical safe, and economic! not the sexiest car terms but works for me, my dog, my kayak, my ski's, & all my gear.

Seats go down Fast!

I always ask for the same. Telescoping steering wheel. Long legs.