Used 2008 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 221 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Recall Bad Tranny Coolers in '08 Escapes!
By Sharon

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

A local auto repair shop just told me my 2008 Escape's transmission cooler is leaking and has been for a long time. Since purchased, I've taken it to the Ford dealership where I bought it for servicing and they never mentioned this problem. This same dealership said the extended warranty expired 600 miles ago and they can't cover the repair. The dealership is asking almost $600 to repair it. I see other '08 Escape tranny cooler problems on this site. Ford needs to fix this problem. Though a loyal Ford customer for years, I will no longer be buying a Ford if the company can't replace a repeatedly defective part.

Intercooler/transmission
By Inner Cooler

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 08 Escape new. I love my Escape but noticed that it was having a hard time taking off so it reved up and then slammed into take off mode. I took it in today and they told me that there was a leak in the intercooler leaking transmission fluid. And now I've read other reviews that say they have had the same problem....should there be a total recall, should we all get new cars to replace these that are defective. I've only had my car 1yr and a half!!!!!

spacious, nice drive, color, fabric/interior.

1 Year
By Mz.Marina

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my escape a year ago. Have put extensive miles on it without any problems whatsoever. Only regular maintenance which is key to maintaining a vehicle. Will keep an eye on the tranny after reading these reviews...but other than that cute fun suv.

Exterior, cruise control

Better materials for seating, and the 40/60 seats are inconvenient.

Poor Gas Mileage
By Mark

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our 2008 Escape used with only 8000km on it. No real problems except bad gas mileage. The gas tank is too small and no matter how easy I drive this car I can't even get 500km on a tank. I should be at least getting 600km on a tank. Only had it in to the dealer for regular oil changes and one warranty problem. Has a whining sound now that I have to get checked.

Heated seats, stereo, turns on a dime

Bigger gas tank, better fuel mileage

Scaring me
By Jim

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Escape in June of 2008. I drove to Daytona Beach, Florida from Mechanicsville, Virginia and was ecstatic. Drove beautifully and the radio (Sirius) was great until they (Sirius) changed the channel lineup. However, I have had the vehicle in the shop 3 or 4 times for a rattle in the back of the car. The dealer cannot find the problem and keeps giving it back to me and it keeps rattling. Other than that I am pleased with it. Does any body else have any rattles they cannot get rid of?

The dual access lift gate. Open entire hatch or just the glass

Getting the dealership to replace the tailgate latch