Used 2007 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Ford better than Jeep
By MK2

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2006 Jeep Liberty and it was in the shop more than it was in my driveway, it got so bad I pick it from the dealership after a repair and drove it straight to the Ford dealer and traded it in on the 07 Escape. I love the Escape much better then the Jeep. It's never let me down in the 40,000 miles I've driven it, change oil and that's it. I did add a K&N air filter which did give me a noticeable increase in fuel mileage per/tank.

Full time AWD, don't have to worry about grabbing a lever to put it in AWD after you get into trouble.

Center console is noisy, gas tank too small

Update to earlier review
By vsinger

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Wrote previous review 1 month after buying - now 1 year after purchase. Still love this vehicle. Motor broken in - excellent off-line acceleration. Very comfortable on long (1000 mile+) trips. Absolutely no reliability issues w/regular maintenance. So far unable to bottom it out yet over rough terrain, ruts at intersections, goes right over small obstacles like curbs if you go slow - great for "urban warfare".

Good looks, "Blazing Copper" color, functional interior, good heater and A/C, lots of interior room without giving up gas milage (26 MPG), stone- cold reliable.

I'm a big, broad-shouldered guy - could use a bit more room between driver's seat and driver's door. Cupholder location could be better - improved on 2008 Escape.

Good little car
By bobb209

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for a year now and it has been an excellent vehicle. It's just the right size for a suburbanite like me. I can load 20 bags of mulch in the back with the back seats folded down or a 20 inch tv in the box, but the car is still easy to drive and park. I am a low mileage driver, but still I have not had one problem with the Escape. The ride is not as smooth as a sedan, but on the one trip I took from Milwaukee to Minneapolis the ride was good. I've read elsewhere that the aceleration of Escape with automatic transmission was supposed to be sluggish, but I find it to be vey quick and have had to ease up on the accelerator compared to other cars I've had.

Rear seats are easy to fold down. Guages are easy to read. Interior room is excellent. Handling is very good.

Ignition is hard to see at night. Need a way to light that area.

Suprise Escape
By James H.

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I wasn't even looking for an Escape when I started shopping and ending up there on chance because the Toyota dealer messed me over and I walked out. Anyway, I was surprised by the performance, look and feel of the 2007 Escape. It has been a great ride over the past year. The only thing I have noticed is breaking really hard is a little sluggish but over all a great ride. I am very happy with my 2007 Escape.

View from the driver seat, How much space, able to put a 50" Panasonic plasma in there...wow! How it looks and the great gas mileage.

I love it and can't think of anything at this time. Great Job Ford.

Reliable, but....
By escape driver

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The Escape appears to be reliable transportation. But not much else. Driving this used Escape from Enterprise, I can see where Ford cuts corners to keep costs down. Plastic interior looks cheap. And it is. The sound actually echos around inside the hard-shell interior. Motor is weak. A/C is strong. Very good A/C. Wheelbase is too short for a vehicle this tall and this heavy. The car bounces and porposes down the road. It feels tippy. Would not give this car to an inexperienced driver. ie: teenager. Poorly designed cargo area. There is a metal arm on each side which extends 7 or 8" into the cargo space when the seats are down. Rear seat forward tilt only. They do not fold flat.

Strong A/C. Good Sound System.