Used 2007 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

My Escape Rocks!
By LOVEMYESCAPE

2007 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Did plenty of research here and elsewhere before I ended up getting my Escape. Great vehicle! Do yourself a favor, get a K&N air filter, learn to feather the gas from stops and enjoy 23+ MPG in the city (with the V6 no less!) I get 26-28 Hwy. Use the cruise control, it's your fuel efficient friend! The Escape can be as much of a gas hog as you want it to be. The Audiophile System is awesome and a great perk. One of the best things I love about the Escape though is it's size. It's really nice to maneuver in tight spaces. I went from an F-150 to this so the maneuverability and double the MPG are greatly appreciated. My only real issue is there's no temp in the info center. Enjoy!

Size, audiophile, moon roof, cargo area in back, gas mileage

Fluorescent info display instead of green backlit LCD. Where's my temperature? How could that possibly be missing from this vehicle?

Down sizing
By lionel diaz

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I turned in my 2006 Explorer V6 XLT to get a smaller more fuel efficient SUV that was also not so truckish. The Escape V6 AWD was the SUV of choice. I got for a good price one year old used with 17,000 miles. The Explorer I traded in got only an avg. of 12-13 mpg and had a real truck SUV feel to it. The Escape has a much smoother feel to it and gets an avg of 19 mpg.

Small but roomy and the awd is better than part time 4x4. Easy to manuever around town.

A real basic interior with cheap components, almost boring the interior lay-out, with a less than avg build quality, however the exterior styling and build quality is actually real nice.

Worst SUV
By phil

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my \Escape a year ago. Was happy about it until problems started. First of, there is a noise when I turn my stering which they told me that it was totally normal. Yeah right, like it was built that way. Now the radio, auto volume doesn't work. Change it 4 times and still the same problem so I gave up. Now, a month ago, the OD light started to flash and the transmission start slippering. Went to Ford dealer, they check and change every sensor and still was the same. They didn't know what to do, so they kept the car on their lot for a week before finally decided to open the transmission which it was broken inside. No technician to repair it. Had to order a new one

So far, so good
By mfish

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With a new baby on the way, needed to trade our Silverado pickup for a more baby-friendly vehicle. Grew up with the Fords of the late 80's-early 90's and swore I wouldn't drive another Ford, but now I own one--I'm surprised at how much I like it. Opted for the 5-speed and can get up to 29 mpg on trips. The four cylinder is so quiet, I sometimes can't hear the RPMs to know when to shift (no idiot shift light to help). The engine is also very spirited that I fins myself speeding without knowing! I'm 6'5" and fit fine in back seat with front seat all the way back. Interior a little plastic-y, but I like the look better than 2008 Escape. Though I've only had it for a month, I like it.

Quiet engine, peppy and fun to drive. Easy to see over the hood, and very few blind spots. Nice amount of cargo space, though I wish all Escapes came with the cargo hold in the floor.

Foglights on XLS (Factory wiring is there) I cut holes in bumper to mount foglights, connected wiring, added factory switch (wiring there too) and now I have foglights. Automatic headlights. More options on 5-speed vehicle. Some want the economy of a manual, and the conveniences of today's vehicles.

Love this car!
By LOVE THIS CAR!

2007 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Gave up my loaded sienna with great trepidation. I'd become spoiled with all of the perks, space and comfort, but had to get awd and trade leasing for ownership due to a new job. Wish I'd done it sooner! Best decision ever-- comfort, heated leather seats, 6cd, great cargo area, smooth ride (once the tire pressure was adjusted), and awesome stereo. Couldn't ask for more! Even gets better gas mileage than my husband's kia sportage (which has less cargo space, no heated seats or 6 cd changer). Gets around great in bad weather. It's just fun to drive at a great price (saved 150/mo on buying compared to my lease w/out a trade)! Had a Jeep and Blazer--this is better!

Great acceleration getting onto the highway. Plenty of room for our son, dog and luggage going to our summer place. The back up sensors make parking in the city a breeze. Looks good and gets about 17mpg with mostly city driving. On the highway--a lot better!

Our Asian friends are surpassing this vehicle, but can't compare on pricing (so far)in our area. Needs to be more kid friendly with more(handy)rear cup holders, storeage and heat/AC. Again,I was spoiled. But Ford needs to think ahead to beat the market. Let's not forget about the warranty issue.