Used 2007 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Regrets
By Lorili

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The truck looks good enough on the outside, but inside it is not designed so well. I had the leather bag over the parking brake replaced once, but because of the way it lays over the brake, it is now torn again. Just a small tear, like a cut, but it is b/c of the way it lays right over the metal brake. That however, is not my big issue. My issue is the gas mileage. Previously, I had a 2000, GMC Yukon Denali that had almost better gas mileage. It was older, & bigger, but this truck is almost worse. I regret buying mine, but now I'm stuck with it.

The color & body style. It did real good on the Michigan snow covered road last winter. The 4WD is a necessity.

Better parking break bag design. ( I have a solution). Better gas mileage.

2007 Escape Review
By EscapeDriver

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my escape. I always wanted a black SUV and when we drove the escape, I knew this was the right SUV for me. I've had it since 2007 and haven't had any problems! It's incredibly reliable and fun to drive. I would definitely get another escape in the future

I love the air pressure gauge for the tires. I drive 2 kids around so it makes me feel safer that this is monitored because I rarely check on my own.

I wish there was a way to save seat preferences. My husband drives it too and we are always switching the seats back and forth

Meets a lot of my needs except gas miles
By chico

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2007 program car. It was in great shape with very, very low miles. It rides like a small truck, handles like a small truck, and has room like a small truck. Unfortunately, it has the gas mileage of a small truck too. It's a real shocker coming out of a Camry. What I like about it is that it plows through modest amounts of snow with no hesitation. The ride is a little loud but the stereo has a feature that compensates for the ride noise level as you speed up and slow down, pretty cool. I like the features but I wish the ride were quieter and the gas mileage was better.

The remote entry is semi-programmable, not bad for a stock stereo, has adequate room for my needs. Breaking is decent as is the acceleration.

Loud ride noise and poor gas mileage. The air is a little louder than I like, particularly on the higher settings.

bullet proof
By Michael S.

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a company fleet vehicle that has that restored my faith in Ford (my 98' Contour had soooo many problems). It does everything well and has only required scheduled maintenence for 87K miles. Great ride for a truck, tight turning radius, great room and function in a compact package that JUST WORKS without having to think about it. I will be buying this one rather than turning it back in. I just can't let go of a good one.

Fun little truck
By Philippe T.

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

FUN little truck. No repairs since new. No complaints!

Driving experience on any type of road. Power is sufficient (man. trans.). Take little gas (4 cyl. engine)

Bigger arm rest for big guys please!