Used 2006 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great For Price
By DetAk

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought for family car. Has been a great little SUV and now with economy as terrible as it is and fuel so high I feel smarter for the choice I made back then. Heard clunking noise in front when I went over bumps, so I took it in and had it bar replaced, under extended warranty. Gas peddle sticks all the time and is starting to worry me. Hopefully it is and easy fix.Average about 22 miles to the gallon so it has been great on the pocket book.

Even with Inline four, having the manual transmission has been great. So light and small it really gets up and goes when needed.

Larger tires. Little more insulation to keep noise down.

NO COMPLAINTS
By viola chapman

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 29,0000 when I purchased it & cross my fingers, so far, I am very please with the car. yes a little lound interior, but I would say that is to be expected, because it is not the heavier, big SUV. It has 33<186 miles now, so I hope it keeps on to be the reliability and quality that I have enjoyed the short time I have drove it back and forth to work, everyday

Steror changer a have realy enoyed, I never had one before, the comfor of driving, to me, is great, & etc,

Gas Mileag, Sure we all would love 30 or more, but if you what they get one that offers that when you purchase it and say it after you purchase it , it has it on the sticker, what the gas mileage will be

Tire Noise
By Ron

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The Escape has been a great vehicle but I do agree that the tire noise can be terrible. We just put on a new set of tires and had an alignment done and there is a 96% reduction in noise. Original tire lasted 50,000 miles the new ones were only $106.00 plus mounting. We should have been having the alignment done on a regular basis that would have cut down on the noise and stopped the tires from wearing wrong.

Nice look and very reliable

Day time running lights are the only option not on this model.

New Ford Purchaser
By Not a Ford Person

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well I'm not a Ford person really as I swore I'd never own one but my wife and I have noticed that we have been taken by the style and appearance of certain model years of the Escape. We have only had our Escape for a few weeks now and despite the negative reviews as seen here regarding the less than anticipated fuel mileage so far our initial trials have been at least 500kms to the the full tank or better with city and highway driving. We'll see in the months to come how the fuel mileage will end up being.

The awd feature. The type of tires which came with it. The dual rear hatch/glass feature. The roominess of the interior.

I'd like to see the return of the separate switching of the 4wd feature which an 04 model had. To be able to fold down the rear seats completely without having to remove the headrests. individual options to obtain individual preference such as sun roof etc.

Excellent performer
By luvmyfords

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned and operated this vehicle for just about a year now and it's been the ideal SUV for me and how I use it. For being a disabled driver as myself, it's so easy to transfer from my wheelchair and into the seats.

The 3.0 V-6 has very impressive acceleration and runs smooth. The steering and handling responds well and ride quality is superior.

The '06 XLT should have had 17 inch tires for an option.