Used 2006 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Near the top in minis
By hughie

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have hammered and hammered my Escape, driven 5,500 miles RT from Southern Cal, no problem. I average about 21 mpg. I nearly red line the little dude on a daily basis. Of course I use synthetic oil and rotate the tires every 5k. This has to be one of the best autos I've owned, Euro and domestic. My tires have thousands of miles left (Goodyear). I'm at 46k miles in just under 2 years.

Engine. Stereo. Seats/comfort. Distinctive, rugged look.

Drivers side rear view mirror. Terrible blind spot

Very Impressive Compact SUV
By Bubba

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove an 05 Mariner, then found out that I could buy this from my work (ex company car). The Escape is just as nice as the Mariner- make sure you test drive an Escape before you spend extra to buy a Mariner. Build quality far exceeds my expectations- solid materials, no rattles or squeaks. Drove 7 hours home and was very impressed with comfort. Seats are comfortable, plenty of room. The V6 is very smooth and gets good gas mileage. I was surprised with the power- the Escape will move when asked to. I had a Saturn Vue that was a piece of junk- slow, unreliable, flimsy, and uncomfortable. Not even a comparison here. Listen to Ford - "Drive One."

Cool looking copper metallic color, build quality, engine smoothness and power, fuel economy, comfort (front & rear seats), simplicity/ease of using controls. Little touches like the white face gauges are nice.

Make a moonroof and tow hitch standard on the XLT.

This SUV rocks and rolls with life
By Dee

2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Ford Escape hybrid is big enough for 5 and is really sporty and comfortable. We travel to Vegas very often in it, and aren't thinking we may get stranded in the desert. It's super reliable and gets more than 32 mpg on the interstate! We save more than $290 a month on gasoline with our normal driving habits for family and business. Very cool!

Hybrid engine that is super peppy and doesn't need plugging in, yet I have a 110 watt power jack in the front console that's for me to plug in devices, laptops, DVD players, etc.

Too cool like it is. Maybe just a bit of a wider wheel-base to feel less top heavy.

Gamble Paid Off
By angrisicilian

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Was nervous about buying Ford after owning Honda Accord. While the Accord is great, the Escape is very good and we love toting the family around in it. V6 is powerful enough, steering responsive, ride smooth (for a small SUV) and build is pretty good. The overall feel of the car is economy, but the drive is very good. Hate the AC setup w cheap dials and few settings (can't direct AC to floor or ceiling only), doors are very light and it clunks into gear when put into reverse from my drive way. Would highly suggest this car for those on a budget w a family. Not too sexy but a great, eccomonical car to get the kids to practice, groceries home and occasional trip to Yosemite.

V6 power, exterior design, and responsive steering.

Interior design, cheap and flimsy materials inside. Would like a more kid proof interior and a tab more room in back.

Love it
By Annie

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's not only affordable but it rides nice and it's very dependable. Handles great.

Handles great, good on gas, looks good.

Problems with the gas pedal, had to be replaced. Speakers blow easily too, never have my radio loud. Cab noise at high speeds.